Now, Construction Chemicals division of BASF have introduced a solution for sealing joints in the building using its wider expertise on polyurethane chemistry and experience of dealing with varieties of joint sealing systems in buildings and civil structure – MASTERFLEX 472, a single component, elastomeric joint sealant based on polyurethane chemistry. The product offers unique benefits in terms of:
- High level of elasticity (up to 25%)
- Excellent recovery capacity
- High resistance to weather and ageing
- Resistant in tropical climates
- Does not harden over time, even at temperatures between –30º C and + 80ºC
- Does not exhibit thermoplasticity (Does not soften with heat)
- Excellent UV resistance
- Minimum tendency to staining/ plasticiser migration
- Single component, easily applied
- User friendly–excellent extrudability/ gunability
The product is available in a 600ml sausage which facilitate direct loading in caulk tool and application. Caulk tool with cylinder is also available from BASF.
BASF Construction Chemicals have wide experience and expertise of working on watertight joint sealing systems and offer a wide range of products to choose from.