In line with the recent report published by ICEMA on the growth prospects of Indian Construction & CE Industry to become one of the largest players globally, the industry is well poised to cater to global and domestic construction needs in terms of output, sustainability, and technology.
V.G. Sakthikumar, Managing Director
Schwing Stetter India will be showcasing its latest launches at Excon 2021 such as boom pumps and batching plant in the concreting segment, excavators for the mining segment, new versions of HDD trenchless underground cutting equipment, and will also be launching new products for road construction.
We will be displaying close to 50 products of which at least 6 will be launched with a ceremony at the venue.
On the technology front, we will be introducing equipment embedded with IOT, telematics, and improved hydraulics, in almost all our equipment. These will considerably improve their performance and productivity and reduce labour requirements.
We will focus on customer engagement and enable them to experience our products with live demonstrations; the highlight will be the manufacturing facilities of Schwing Stetter India. Our recently held techfest ‘Techno Vision 22’ held at our global manufacturing hub in Tamil Nadu was successful in promoting the Schwing brand and our products; this will be replicated at the tradeshow.
Schwing Stetter India has become one of the largest among its group companies with products of various ranges for applications in concreting, road building, earthmoving, power projects, high speed rails, metro rails, and in general construction.
Our in-house R&D department has made major strides in bringing the latest technologies and technical advancements for better product performance.
In the SLM product front, our productivity has gone up 10% and fuel consumption has gone down by 15%, with an overall performance of 25%. We owe these results to extensive R&D re-engineering. We have introduced soft controls for all joy sticks for operator ease-of-use and to reduce fatigue.
Our stationary and boom pumps’ performance has been upgraded with twin hydraulic circuits, which reduces pulsation. In our 10 cubic meter Truck Mixers, we have re-designed the drum configuration to increase the water line volume by additional 1 cum - leading to higher loading capacity.
Driveability and ergonomics for ease of operation in our Self Loading Mixers have been field tested for over 1000 hours with two customers in real time site conditions and results recorded for analysis. The test was conducted at a government-certified I-CAT laboratory and results as per the prescribed parameters were duly certified by the agency.
Developers and large corporates now want to have a lean capital inventory, which has resulted in more sub-contracting and hiring.
While our smart manufacturing facility near Kanchipuram is already implementing lean manufacturing, we will also venture into Industry 4.0 practices very soon. This will directly benefit customers in terms of timely delivery, sustainability, world-class products, and inert changeability amongst variants and cost benefits in terms of enhanced product reliability, performance, and reduced maintenance.
While there is going to be a huge demand for new equipment due to the technological advancements, surely there will also be a market for re-furbished equipment, but we have a long way to go.
We see clear direction with the 4 priority areas of PM’s Gati Shakti: Inclusive Development, Financing for Investment, and Productivity Enhancement.
Engines that will drive the GATI Shakthi are Roads, Railways, Ports, Mass Transport, Waterways, and Logistics infrastructure. We are actively engaged in all these areas with our world-class products and solutions.
Allocating funds for another 25,000 km of national highways and announcing 48,000 crores for interlinking of rivers and 8 million dwellings in rural India are going to bring big developments for earthwork and rural infrastructure, housing and road construction. The optic fibre industry will also give a big boost to trenchless cutting equipment.
The government is easing processes like e-passport and e-current. Extension of ESLGC by an additional 50,000 crores is going to help MSMEs in a big way, which will boost the overall mood of the industry. We are happy that all these projects are going to help the construction industry in the coming years.