The Prime Minister has laid the foundation stone for the Palasbari-Sualkuchi bridge, which will be constructed over the Brahmaputra River at an investment of Rs 3,200 crore with a completion period of 3 to 4 years. The state government has already obtained all the necessary clearances for the project.
The Prime Minister also inaugurated several railway projects worth Rs 7,300 crore across the Northeast from the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati. The railway projects include the Digaru-Lumding and Gauripur-Abhayapuri sections, as well as the doubling of tracks between New Bongaigaon and Dhup Dhara. The electrification of the Raninagar-Jalpaiguri-Guwahati, Senchoa-Silghat, and Senchoa-Mairabari sections was also launched.
Furthermore, the Prime Minister commissioned a methanol plant at Namrup in Dibrugarh, constructed by Assam Petrochemicals Ltd (APL), with a capacity of 500 tonnes per day (TPD) and an investment of Rs 1,709 crore. The Assam government holds a 51% stake in the plant, while Oil India holds the remaining 49%. APL will be able to sell methanol to other states and export it to neighboring countries after commissioning.
The fourth project launched by the Prime Minister is the Rs 124-crore beautification work of the 'Rang Ghar', an amphitheater built by Ahom King Pramatta Singha in the 18th century. This two-storied, oval-shaped pavilion in Sivasagar is one of the largest of its kind in Asia.