(Sr. Vice President, STP Ltd)
ShaliSeal RSTC applied on elevated roads
In India, the condition of most of the roads is pathet, specially during monsoons. The reason is simple, water entering the roads is the main cause of damage. The life of the roads can be increased by providing proper side drains and water-resistant top layer. Over the years, STP has developed unique ShaliSeal RSTC, which is a coal tar-based sealer and almost unaffected by water. This product has been applied on various roads constructed under NHAI, PWD and other institutions and has given incredible results.
Bitumen has been used as a paving material since 18th Century. It detoriates under ultraviolet rays, gets dissolved by Petrochemicals, attacked by chemicals, deicing salts, etc. It also gets detoriated by water.
Currently, bitumen-based fog sealer are used in India. The need to use water-resistant sealers on roads have emerged now. And the answer to this need is STP's ShaliSeal RSTC which is an incredible product to revolutionise the Indian roads.
Features of ShaliSeal RSTC:
- Top coat Road Slurry for Enhancing Road life by preventing water ingress
- This is a refined coal tar-based emulsion, designed to protect Asphalt pavement.
- Resists Ultra Violet Radiation
- Resists Fuel impregnation
- Reduces aging of Asphalt
- Reduces vehicle maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance
Bridge Deck Waterproofing: Bridges are one of the major life lines in connecting people. They need to be protected from one of their major silent enemies – Water. STP has been associated with Bridge deck waterproofing using SuperThermoLay APP membrane. These membranes prevent the ingress of water into the bridge's concrete, thus, preventing harmful ingredients from damaging the concrete. This system has been applied successfully on number of bridges in India. The process consist of application of Shalitex Primer followed by tourching of SuperThermoLay APP membrane-4mm thick, overlay of bituminous wearing course, and finally application of ShaliSeal RSTC.
- Long lasting colour options
- Increased road safety, higher contrast
- Greater illumination inside tunnels
- Reduced lighting in tunnels
- Greater creativity for landscape
- Differentiates in pavement functions
- Attractiveness of sport venues
- Durable and easy to maintain
- ShaliPatch: Instant, convenient & durable system to repair potholes, It's a blend of Bitumen, aggregates, anti-stripping agent and other chemicals. It can be placed directly from the poly bag into the pothole. No heating or road roller required.
- ShaliPatch EC: Repair of cracks in rigid & flexible pavement by cold applied polymerized elastomeric processed tar-based crack filler. Crack filling ranging between 5 - 50 mm wide in concrete / flexible roads, and used for surface correction in concrete road / pavement.