Waste Generated in India
The total waste generated by any country is calculated on the basis of per capita waste generation. As per the latest estimate by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate change, more than one lakh of waste per day is generated in India, considering 0.3 kg per capita per day for small cities and 0.5 kg per capita per day for large cites. As per the latest Swachh Bharat Mission Dashboard for Urban, more than 1.32 lakhs of waste is generated under Solid Waste management calculation. These numbers are staggering and indicate the huge scope for waste management in India.
Kleemann Mobile Screen MS 952 EVO
Kleemann Mobiscreen MS 952 is a double deck classifying screen equipped with 9.5 sqm screen casing. It has the best in class feeding capacity of up to 500 tph. It is assembled in the Wirtgen India Pune manufacturing facility and is exported across the globe.
- Large Screening Area (9.5 sqm) helps in good quality segregation and high productivity.
- Dual Power option to operate with electricity, if available.
- Short planning and installation time.
- Four different screen inclination angles for operations between 20 to 35 degree is available for selection which provides flexibility.
- Low maintenance and service-friendly operation.
- Flexibility to change the amplitude as per the application demands.
- Intuitive, simple, and operator-friendly controls.
- Easy accessibility to both top deck and bottom deck along with punch plates on top helps in quick and easy cleaning.
- Quick and easy folding of conveyor helps in quick setup time and transport.
- Wider conveyor higher discharge heights help in making bigger stockpile and eliminates frequent loader usages.
Ahmedabad Pirana landfill site is one of biggest dumpsites in India. Locally known as “kachre ka dhakla” (hill of garbage), it’s a massive mound of garbage spread over 84 hectares (207.569 acres) of land, reaching a height of over 200 metres. It has been the city’s sole repository of garbage since the 1980s. Legacy waste accumulated at this site is around 1.24 crores MTs. It had 40 trommels installed and is running in one shift. Total combined output of the trommels is 4000-4500 MTs per day.
Last year from November, 5 Kleemann machines were deployed at this landfill site. Kleemann mobile screens increased the processing capacity from the existing 4000 MTs per day to 10000 MTs per day. Since then, these 5 KLEEMANN screens months have helped to process 1.35 million MTs in just 9 months while running in single shift.
“We have been using four MS 952 EVO mobile screens for Biomining Application since Feb 2021 at the Pirana dumpsite in Ahmedabad. These mobile screens have been exceptional in performance and productivity. By August 2021, we were able to clear 7,20,000 MTs of waste with the help of these four screens at an average of 1000 TPD per screen. These machines have passed the test of time with flying colours and are worth the money invested in them as we have achieved our target well within the stipulated time. We are very pleased with the exemplary service provided by the customer support team of the Wirtgen Group and are honoured to be associated with them.”
Neelraj N. Varsani, Owner, Neel Steel