Hasan Rizvi (Sr. Vice President, STP Ltd.)
In India, the condition of most of the roads is bad, especially during the monsoons. Water entering the roads is the main cause for damage. Life of the roads can be increased by providing side drains and a water-resistant top layer. STP Ltd. is one of the oldest companies associated with waterproofing. Over the years, it has developed a special ShaliSeal RSTC, which is a coal tar-based sealer, and almost unaffected by water. It has been tried in small patches and given incredible results.
Bitumen has been used as a Paving Material since the 18th century. It deteriorates under the sun’s ultraviolet rays, gets dissolved by petrochemicals, attacked by chemicals, deicing salts etc. Presently, bitumen-based fog sealers are used in India. We all know bitumen gets deteriorated by water. Now we need to use a water-resistant sealer such as the ShaliSeal RSTC, which is an incredible product set to revolutionize Indian roads.
ShaliSeal RSTC applied on elevated Roads
- Top coat road slurry for enhancing road life by preventing water ingress
- A refined coal tar-based emulsion, designed to protect asphalt pavements.
- Resists ultra violet radiation
- Resists fuel impregnation
- Reduces aging of asphalt, hence reduced maintenance.
Bitumen fails to provide colored surfaces which is required to serve specific purposes.
STP Ltd. has developed easy to apply, Coloured Slurry Seal with the following characteristics:
- Long lasting colour options
- Increased road safety, higher contrast
- Greater illumination inside tunnels
- Reduced lighting in tunnels,
- Greater creativity for landscape
- Differentiates in pavement functions
- Attractiveness of sport venues
- Durable and easy to maintain
- ShaliPatch: Instant, convenient & durable system to repair potholes, is a blend of bitumen, aggregates antistripping agent & other chemicals, Place ShaliPatch directly from the polybag into the pothole. No heating or road roller required.
- ShaliPatch EC: Repair of cracks in Rigid & Flexible pavement by cold applied polymerized elastomeric processed tar-based crack filler. Crack filling ranging between 5 - 50 mm wide in concrete / flexible roads, and used for surface correction in concrete road / pavement
- Expansion joints are an integral part of structures where thermal movements are pronounced on account of their dimensions. ShaliSeal PU 2K is one of the most economical PU-based sealants developed by STP Ltd., which is more effective then Polysulphide sealant. STP Limited, with over 80 years of experience, is the most trusted name in the field of Coal tar/Bitumen/Construction Chemicals, and the most preferred brand in the Indian market.