Polygomma™ EPDM Membrane installed in a basement. Standard disclaimer clause applicable
Generally, the box-type system (using Shahbad tiles) is used for waterproofing the basements. However, sometimes crystalline coatings are also used for this application.
Even though box-type waterproofing is being used since decades in India, some issues that come along with it are:
- The installation of box-type waterproofing is extremely time consuming, laborious and expensive.
- There are numerous numbers of joints, which need to be filed with rich quality material. The joints are vulnerable and are prone for damage/leakage.
- Upon the settlement of the building, the Shahbad tiles may tend to crack, as they are brittle in nature. The cracked tiles can be a cause for leakage, which is difficult and expensive to repair.
- Polygomma EPDM membranes are offered in sizes of width upto 6 meters (with factory seam), and 30 meters length which makes installation easy and fast.
- Due to the size of our EPDM membranes, the numbers of site joints are considerably reduced.
- The EPDM membranes have an elongation of over 300%. Thus, it is able to take care of the building settlements, as well as structural movements, without causing leakages.
- The overall cost of the Polygomma EPDM membranes is a lot less in comparison with the conventional waterproofing systems, such as box-type waterproofing, etc.
The Polygomma™ Waterproofing Memb- ranes can be used in various areas of a building from foundation to roof, including podiums, flower beds, swimming pools, terrace gardens, etc. The PolygommaTM Waterproofing Membranes have a life expectancy of more than 20 years. The product is easy to apply, and techno-commercially better than conventional substitutes such as box-type, torch on membranes and various chemical/crystalline coatings.