One such machine is the Ammann ARS 121 Soil Compactor. It combines tried-and-tested features with intelligent compaction technology, and has great compaction output while offering improved efficiencies and cost savings as well.
The Ammann ARS 121 is suitable for compaction of a wide range of soils, from silt to crushed stones. The machine is equipped with an efficient turbocharged, water-cooled engine, ensuring non-stop performance with maximum reliability and lower operating costs.
The ARS machine features a newly designed operator console that sets new standards in operator comfort and visibility. The single-drum rollers are designed for fast and easy daily maintenance and a long life. The powerful and robust 4-cylinder engine and heavy-duty hydrostatic drive of the differential axle ensure great traction and travel performance, even under extreme circumstances. The roller provides the necessary flat base, which enables the crucial support for construction foundations, pavements, roads, and various other structures.
ARS 121 utilises intelligent systems that helps to achieve the requisite density for soil. It has several added advantages:
- Outstanding productivity, in part because the heavy-duty hydrostatic drive of the differential axle ensures great traction
- It is designed with a low center of gravity for stability and manoeuvrability
- It features high ground clearance and gradeability
- The clear dashboard layout comes with a fully isolated operator platform and adjustable seat
- A two-stage vibratory system maximises transfer of compaction force to the material
- High productivity – fewer passes are required
- Service and maintenance points are easily accessible
- Superior fuel efficiency
- Medium and large jobsites
- Transport construction (motorways, railways, airfields)
- Construction (industrial zones, harbours)
- Compaction of all kinds of soils and wet mixes