SMW is the short-term for Soil Mixing Wall, the method so-called Colonnade Style Soil Cementation Wall, which is a soil consolidation method used by multiple shaft earth auger as per the following process:
- Trench by excavator with 2-3m.
- Drill into the requested depth.
- Inject the cement slurry as per the soil condition and mixing with original underground soil, while lifting the Earth Auger.
- Form one section of the wall of soil and cement mixed.
- Finish another new section of wall nearby as the same way in the same line.
- Return and form the wall between the previous two sections with overlap
- According to the job request to insert the H beam or other shape of sheet pile for stress reinforcement structure.
- After the solidified, it forms a stressed, retaining, underground wall for containment or water resistance purpose.
- Project: Metro Line No. 2, Lancun Rd. Station (Underground Subway station), Shanghai Contractor: Shanghai Construction Group Highlights: Containment excavating after two month, no any obvious water leak.
- Project: Containment for Xuwu Lake Tunnel Project, Nanjing Contractor: Nanjing No.2 Drain Project Company Highlight: 30.5m depth, SMW depth record until the year of 2003
- Project: Nanjing Metro Control Center Contractor: Nanjing Civil Construction Group Highlight: Containment excavation max depth: 18.6m