Throughout the year, building faces, concrete slabs and pipelines expand and contract due to the warming and cooling through seasonal variation, or due to other heat sources. If expansion joints were not implemented in bridges, building, highways etc. the intense heat in the summer would expand the metal, brick, or concrete materials in a structure resulting in developing cracks and may at the end could break. 'DURAboardHD100' (formerly SILflex/Capell HD100) is an exclusive compressible filler board specially designed to be used as expansion joint filler in concrete brick, block work and isolation joint, it is readily compressible and low load transfer joint filler with excellent recovery property.
'DURAboardHD100' is an offering from the Construction Accessories Division of Supreme. The Construction Accessories Division of Supreme has developed customized solutions specifically for the construction requirements of various segments. Ajay Mohta, General Manager, Construction Accessories Division, the Supreme Industries Ltd, adds “This division offers new generation, better alternative products to conventional materials like rubber, metals, and wood, thus being cost effective. The 'DURA' ranges of products are manufactured from virgin raw material and we do not use any CFC / HCFC gases. At every stage of the manufacturing process, a stringent quality check methodology assures the reliability of the products, a case in point is the creation of a low compression set filler board 'DURAboardHD100' especially for expansion joints application, to replace less effective bitumen board based solutions".
'DURAboardHD100' can be used in:
- Expansion joints in building, concrete structure
- Expansion joints in concrete roads, parking areas, industrial flooring etc.
- Joints in bridges, decks, water retaining and water excluding structures etc.
- Isolation joints in machine foundation.
- The striking features of 'DURAboardHD100' are:
- Bitumen free - can be cut in any size with a normal knife
- Excellent recovery of 95% after compression up to 50%
- Polymer based – hence it won't deteriorate also over a long period
- Resilient and does not distort under normal load from wet concrete