Ajay Mohta, Supreme Industries Ltd.
"The Construction Accessories Division of Supreme has developed customised solutions specifically for the construction requirements of various segments. All our products have been developed after continuous research and understanding the needs of the changing demands of the new generation constructions. Many of these products have been pioneered by Supreme. A case in point is the creation of a low compression set filler board (DURAboardHD100) especially for expansion joints application, to replace less effective bitumen board based solutions. The Division offers new generation, better alternative products to conventional materials like rubber, metals, and wood, thus being cost effective" he said. "The ‘DURA' range of products are manufactured from virgin raw material and we do not use any CFC / HCFC gases. At every stage of the manufacturing process, a stringent quality check methodology assures the reliability of the products," he added.
The striking features of DURAboardHD100 are:
- Bitumen free - can be cut in any size with a normal knife
- Excellent recovery of 95% after compression up to 50%
- Polymer based – hence it won't deteriorate also over a long period
- Resilient and does not distort under normal load from wet concrete
- Expansion joints in building, concrete structure
- Expansion joints in concrete roads, parking areas, industrial flooring etc.
- Joints in bridges, decks, water retaining and water excluding structures etc.
- Isolation joints in machine foundation.
"Some government organiza- tions still hesitate to use the new generation products and follow old specification of using bitumen based boards and cork sheets which disintegrate over a period of time. Bitumen board absorbs water and hardly recovers once compressed - it defeats the purpose of application. It absorbs water and oozes bitumen thereby staining the structure. Supreme has a number of satisfied customers (government, semi- government and private) who have stopped using and recommending bitumen boards/ corks sheets after understanding the benefits of DURAboardHD100," said Ajay Mohta.
Nearly Rs.15,099.84 billion is likely to be invested into the infrastructure sector over next five to ten years which would provide a huge boost to the construction industry as a whole.This will provide increased opportunities for organizations like Supreme Industries that play an important role supporting the construction industry.