ZOOMLION tower crane D5200-240 is for Ma On Shan segment of the Yangtze River Bridge by MBEC, which is a specialized research project. The largest tower crane lifting capacity 240 tons, lifting height of 210 meters, calibration torque of 5200 tons • m, is by far the world’s largest tower crane which the level of arm switched back and up. This project is one of the first four crossing river bridge, one of China’s construction with the world’s advanced level of large roads and bridges, and also the world’s largest two-span suspension bridge with three towers for China’s major project during great construction and development.
This tower crane’s major characteristics are:
- Super models, high-performance — D5200 can lift 240 tons of weight up to 210 meters high which is equal to 60 adult elephants with the height of 70 floors;
- Large structural parts — the tower section of a single standard size is equivalent to 42 square meters of two-layer single-story buildings;
- In the design, D5200 was born a number of technological innovation;
- In the manufacturing process, the innovation process approach provide a solid technical means to protect the quality of welding of large steel structures.
- It is also worth mentioning:only 9 months from design to shipment, this is ultra-short delivery period of the very large tower crane manufacturing history.