SP453 is widely used by builders, contractors, and developers across the country due to its robust build, low operation, and low maintenance cost. The crane is preferred for applications like concreting (columns particularly), material lifting (other than concrete), like bricks/blocks, sand, steel reinforcements, shuttering, wooden planks, and other items such as vibrators, small gensets, etc. It does the job most economically due to its following features:
- Fuel efficient tractor mounted with an in-house built hydraulic (power) steering for easy manoeuvrability and low turning radius to move and position the crane in confined/restricted spaces.
- Built-in alternator for power supply to crane to move and operate; however, if 400V/3Ph.50 Hz power supply is available at the job site, then that can be used to operate the crane.
- Rack and pinion jacks for fast and accurate leveling, limit switches for protecting it from over-loading, and trolleying within prescribed parameters.
- Counterweight boxes for fast fill-up and depletion of grit/metal to save time.
- Remote control pod to facilitate the operator to position himself as per job site to monitor the picking and dumping points without any obstruction.