On the launch, Mr. Philippe Divry, Managing Director, Volvo India Private Limited and a VECV Board member says, “At a time where business is tough for everybody in the mining sector,
Volvo, the market leader, once again innovates to create value for its customers. This is the biggest truck ever in India; it looks like a truck but produces like a machine. The Volvo FM480 10x4 Dump Truck is slated to be the next big Game Changer in the mining industry.”
Volvo trucks operates only in select premium, niches segments and hold the Number 1 position in the premium European truck segment in India. Its direct service philosophy to provide premium care for premium trucks is very distinctive and a key differentiator. With higher productivity at optimum cost being the need of the hour, it has designed the Volvo 10x4 in such a way that it’ll strike the perfect balance between productivity, performance and efficiency.
Volvo FM 480 is an innovation that will redefine productivity. The sturdy 5-axle Dump Truck features the most technologically advanced powerful driveline, delivering 480HP, best-in-class 2400
Nm torque, power-to-weight ratio of 7.38 and a robust body with 24 M3 struck volume which brings along with it the unmatched Volvo quality and reliability. The higher power-to-weight ratio provides superior average speeds thereby increased productivity, whereas the lower kerb weight gives superior fuel economy. The Volvo FM 480 10x4 Dump Truck comes with 24 M3 rock body suitable for rough and tough mining applications.
With resources becoming increasingly scarce and expensive, with higher productivity at optimum cost being the need of the hour, the Volvo FM 480 10x4 43 (US) ton Dump Truck is the obvious choice of a dump truck for demanding mining applications, requiring higher productivity & performance. With increased productivity and superior fuel economy, it is truly designed to “Do More, With Less.”
Key Features of Volvo FM 480 10x4 Dump Truck are:
- Proven, reliable and powerful driveline
- Larger footprint for superior stability
- Air suspended pusher axle with electronically controlled suspension for optimized load distribution
- Electronically controlled and hydraulically operated steering system for precise steering control and maneuverability
- The additional parking brake on rear-rear axle improves braking performance, critical in steep gradients
- The extra strong chassis designed to operate in tough and demanding mining conditions.