Propel Industries Private Limited, a leader in the Crushing and Screening Equipment sector, unveiled two variations of EV Dump Trucks in the presence of Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways of India - a visionary with an innovative approach who ensures that India stays ahead in infrastructure development with equal emphasis on the environment and sustainability.
The Electric Vehicle Dump Trucks – 470 MEV and 470 HEV come with gross vehicle weights of 45 and 60 tons, respectively and have been designed and manufactured in India. These state-of-the-art EV Dump Trucks reinforce Propel's position as a market leader in the mining sector.
Said V. Senthilkumar, Managing Director, Propel Industries, “The launch of our EV Dump Trucks is a significant milestone, not just for us, but for the Indian mining sector as well. Propel Industries is the first indigenous EV Dump Truck manufacturer in India, and we have channelised our experience and knowledge in designing EV Dump Trucks to maximise efficiency and give highest returns in mining operations. Propel guarantees top-notch performance, reliability, and durability even in the most challenging mining environments.”
- Battery packs from 171 to 450 kWh make the choice flexible, affordable and application specific. Batteries are custom configured according to the distance and gradient of mines to ensure driving time of 6 to 12 hours on a single charge; combined with 0-100% SOC charging in 1 hour.
- Propel EV trucks offer significant savings in fuel costs - the running cost are 1/3rd to 1/5th less when compared to fossil fuel trucks. For top-down mines with enough gradient, the EV truck may not require charging due to re-generative braking/charging.
- Propel EV Trucks use Lithium batteries with chilled cooling system ensuring optimal temperature for the battery even in harsh environments. The state-of-the-art Automatic fire extinguisher and Leakage Current detection (for both AC & DC) ensures safety of the driver and the vehicle in challenging conditions.
- The battery is warranted for 5 years or 4000 cycles. While industry leading features such as Payload detection, Driver fatigue warning, Automatic headlamp dipper, and crash detection ensure safety, features like HVAC cool cabin, air suspended cabin, automatic transmission, and onboard diagnosis promise comfort.
- The chassis frame with deeper section is fully reinforced for extreme road and payload conditions. ABS with hill start assist feature ensures comfortable and safe up-hill driving. Heavy-duty hub reduction axles especially designed for EV applications ensure high torque and payload.
“We are proud to announce the addition of Road Pavers and Concrete Batching Plants to Propel’s portfolio, further enhancing our offerings to cater to the construction sector,” informed Senthilkumar. The company's commitment to cost-effectiveness is evident in its indigenously produced spare parts, contributing to enhanced performance and versatile applications at optimal costs.
The company has a global customer base of over 2900 and a diverse product portfolio with 85+ equipment models that include stationary, semi-mobile, and mobile crushing and screening equipment, along with a comprehensive range of washing systems catering to the complete needs of the mining industry. It has a presence in 21+ countries worldwide.