PCR Z-2 and Z-3
The project has been estimated with due care for all technical specifications and was checked for perfections by senior design management to avoid any ambiguity for design finalization. The project was completed within budget. The elegant design contributed to complex PEB requirement. Pipe Sections are used for bracing System for most efficient & economical solution. Over 150 numbers of long heavy jack beams are used to avoid intermediate columns as per the functional requirement.
Kirby India followed a defined Occupation Health Safety (OHS) policy and management System providing 68.2% average man-day training onsite. Good Safety Record with maintaining excellent proactive measures ensured that MRF project execution team celebrated successful completion of 1 million safe man hours without loss time injury. Kirby received special appreciation from Jones Lang LaSalle, the project site in-charge, Tata Consulting Engineers, the Technical Consultant, and MRF Limited praising their world class-safety standards.
The facility at Medak which had an outlay of Rs.472 crores provides direct employment to 1,150 people and indirect employment to many more.
Kirby is privileged to partner with MRF in this prestigious project, executed in such a short span of time and being used as benchmark for upcoming MRF facilities. Needless to say, the PEB requirements for the upcoming facilities (MRF Ltd, Trichy radial tyre facility for constructing 2 buildings of over 7,000 MT amounting to approx. Rs.50 crores) are also entrusted with Kirby India which is offering customers a wide range of customized, cost-effective pre-engineered steel solutions. Besides, its commitment to excellence provides unmatched product quality, coupled with speed, safety and superior sales services.
- Customer Name: MRF Ltd, Sadashivpet, Medak Dist., AP
- Consultant: CRN Consultants, Chennai
- Contract Value: Over Rs. 27 crores
- Area: More than 32,000 sqm
- Steel Consumed: Over 3,800 MT
- Building Description: Two PEB buildings (PCR & LMC) including high bay & low bay spread
- Uniqueness of the project :
- Plant was completed in record time of 9 months for a tyre factory of this scale
- Received special appreciation letter for 1 million safety hours at site
- PEB scope includes pipe racks, normally a structural steel application
- Pipe Sections are used for bracing System for most efficient & economical solution
- All with 24 m jack beam bay spacing with north light glazing arrangement
- Design Standards: 3 D analysis & design was applied. Conforms to IS 800:2007 standards. Design vetted by IISC Bangalore
- Manufacturing Standards: Structures designed and fabricated in accordance to AWS D1.1 Welding Standards. Double side welding for all primary members
- Injuries/Fatal Accidents: None