Liberty’s Warrior brand of boots and shoes come with a protective toecap and are designed to protect the upper part of the feet. Some of the Warrior shoe models have anti-vibration outsoles and ankle protection for additional support, besides puncture- and slip-resistant shoes.
Regardless of the work environment, it is recommended that safety shoes should be worn to safeguard against accidents. Be it a factory, office, or a building site, an adequately controlled work environment that ensures the health and safety of the employees should be the priority of the management.
Common injuries when safety shoes are not used at workplaces
- Crushed feet, broken bones and loss of fingers are the most common in the construction sector and also in the forestry and fishing sectors.
- Working in the presence of nails, blades or scrap metal pieces pose a huge risk for cuts to the feet.
- Cuts, lacerations and severed fingers are common accidents when using tools like chainsaws.
- Burns and contamination can be caused by chemicals or sprays of molten metal.
- The risk of electric shocks is higher for electricians and maintenance workers.
- Sprains and fractures can occur in any workplace, and are normally caused by work routine or bad falls.