RISA Technologies Launches RISA-3D Version 7.1 Software Package
Pradyut Kr. Roy, Managing Director, RISA Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Kolkata
RISA Technologies launched its latest version of RISA-3D versionof RISA-3D version 7.1 software in package in India May 2007. It uses most accelerated Sparse Solver which is 100 time faster than the earlier used Skyline Solver and making RISA-3D the future of structural analysis. RISA-3D V7.1 includes Indian Design Code for Steel (IS-800), Concrete (IS-456:2000), Seismic and Wind (IS-1893:2002 and IS-875 Part-III), Built in Indian Load Combination Generator, Indian Response Spectra, Automatic approximation of K factors and other international design codes like IS, US, BS, EURO, CAN, AUS, NZ for Steel and Concrete both. RISA-3D V7.1 incorporates the new direct analysis methods of AISC 13thEdition. This version allows users to design for either the ASD or LRFD requirements of this new steel code. RISA-3D V7.1 is available in India within an unbelievably low price brackets.
RISA-3D V7.1 now offers 8-node solid element which opens a whole new range of modeling and analysis possibilities with SOLID ELELEMENT very easy and faster way it never happened in any other software. This new element combined with RISA-3D's automatic meshing features opens up a whole new world of modeling and analysis possibilities!
RISA-3D has become most popular and largely used software in USA due to its user-friendliness and interactiveness. User friendliness is what makes this award-winning software such a powerful tool for the analysis, design and optimization of all types of structures and all common structural materials. RISA-3D has a very Clean and Comprehensive CAD-like graphic drawing/editing capabilities that let you draw, modify and load elements as well as snap, move, rotate, copy, mirror, scale, split, merge, sub-mesh, delete, apply, etc. It also supports real spreadsheets with cut, paste, fill, math, sort, find, etc and there is a dynamic synchronization between spreadsheets and views so you can edit or view any data in the plotted views or in the spreadsheets.
RISA-3D also can
- Import DXF, RISA-2D, STAAD and ProSteel 3D files
- Export DXF, SDNF and ProSteel 3D files
- RISA is providing the analysis and design link to Autodesk's premier building modeling package: REVIT Structure. Apart from the rich graphics and spreadsheet facilities as modeling features, it has got a number of powerful solvers for analysis of
- P-Delta effects, Dynamic analysis
- Response spectra analysis using Gupta, CQC or SRSS mode combinations.
- Physical member modeling that does not require members to be broken up at intermediate joints
- State of the art 3 or 4 node plate/shell elements, sub mashing and auto mashing.
- Accurate analysis of tapered wide flanges—web, top and bottom flanges may all taper independently.
- Multiple simultaneous moving loads for bridges, cranes, etc.
- Tensional warping calculations of stiffness, stress and design.
- Enforced joint displacements.
- 1-Way members, for tension only bracing, slipping, etc.
- 1-Way springs, for modeling soils and other effects.
RISA-3D's result presentations are unique
- Graphic presentation of color-coded results and plotted designs
- Color contours of plate stresses and forces with quadratic smoothing, the contours may also be animated
- Spreadsheet results with sorting and filtering of: reactions, member & joint deflections, beam & plate forces/stresses, optimized sizes, code designs, concrete reinforcing, material takeoffs, frequencies and mode shapes.
- Standard and user-defined reports.
- Graphic member detail reports with force/stress/deflection diagrams and detailed design calculations and expanded diagrams that display magnitudes at any dialed location.
- Saved solutions quickly restore analysis and design results.
RISA Technologies has been an established leader in structural analysis and design software since 1987. RISA Technologies' top-rated software tools have helped structural engineers in United States in improving their productivity and work more efficiently.