Considering the massive infrastructure development plan by the state and the central governments which shall generate huge demands for the pipes, the BIS have recognized this world-class vibration casting technology to revolutionize the concrete pipe industry in India and released the fourth revision to IS: 458 as according to them, it would be difficult to meet that big demand with conventional process. Vibration casting uses a high grade, low water cement ratio concrete giving a high strength to the end product. The concrete in the mould is compacted under the external surface is formed by moulds thereby totally eliminating the human element and giving a high quality pipes.
|Placing of Reinforcement||Cage Set on Machine||Hydraulic Pressing|
Major changes implemented in Fourth revision to IS 458:
- Approval of world class pipe manufacturing technique Vibration Casting
- Inclusion of details for NP3 and NP4 class of pipes to be manufactured by Vibration casting
- Acceptance for use of the un-reinforced pipes made by vibration casting without compromising the strength requirements
- Flexible socket and spigot rubber ring joint made mandatory for many applications
- High quality socket and spigot joint conforming to International standards available with Pipes made by Vibration casting.
- Stringent test for determining the quality of Pipes introduced.
Mach 1 allows the single production of pipes from diameter 300 to 1200 mm, assuring short production cycles between 3 and 6 minutes according to the diameter. The production cycle is fully automatic; one operator appointed to carry away green pipes from the machine to the curing area. Its faster rate of production helps in reducing the project completion time. The smooth inner surface results in smoother flow of sewage due to reduction in the frictional losses and thereby increases the output. Being an environment-friendly process, it also eliminates the problems associated with slurry disposal.
Besides these, equipment changes in this is also easy and fast as moulds and cores assembled on supporting plates and do not need any adjustment. Mach 1 is supplied complete with plates to cover foundation hole, safety guarding and devices.
In short, a user of concrete pipes shall derive lot of benefits in case he changes over to the pipes made by this technology and insist for the same. We are sure that a forward looking pipe manufacturer will be able to understand the changing scenario and would be eager to a quick decision to adopt this technology and we are there to assist you in such effort. You are most welcome to get in touch with us for further details.