In Spinning, here the concrete is fed into the mould and is compacted by centrifugal spinning process whereas in Vertical Cast, each pipe is produced with dry mix concrete is placed in the mould and the inner core is vibrated to ensure solid compaction of the concrete. It further allows immediate demoulding of the finished pipes. Spigots are formed by applying a profile ring which ensures a strong well compacted and accurate casting each the initial casting process. Pipes are then left in situ for 24 hours for initial curing, once this process is done, a full quality control inspection is completed for each pipe before being stored for the remaining curing process.Identify the difference and salient features for Vertical Vibrated Casting Process Vis a Vis Spinning Process.
Central Core Vibration:
- Homogeneous compaction
- Uniform material distribution
- Uniform crushing strength at jacking surfaces
- Uniform concrete at surface – no cosmetic cracking
- No leakage and resulting stony surface areas
- Spigot receives efficient dry cast pressing & compaction
- Non uniform compaction
- Larger aggregates toward outside, finer sands and light materials at inside surface
- Non-uniform crushing strength at jacking surfaces
- Tendency to find craze cracks at inner pipe surface
- Rough and stony collar back walls and seam areas
- Thin spigot making it vulnerable to damage
The Real Advantage of Vertical Cast Pipe Machine.
1) Having multiple Site works underway at any time.
2) Jobs can be run as a number of contracts or subcontracts.
3) Increasing productivity by laying more pipes per day.
4) Laying a Standard Pipe Size to gain cost savings through increase production efficiency.
5) The ability for the customer to customise the supply schedule with Vertical Cast Process.
|Compliance Factors||Vibration Technology||Spun Pipes|
|Water cement ratio||Low at approx .34 – .38||High at approx .45. Then spun out to approx .30 - 35|
|Slumping||No slumping||Slumping with minor pipe variations|
|Variability||High and transparent||Higher variability in the concrete|
|Compressive strength||Compressive strength resulting from low and constant water cement ratio||High compressive strengths but reliant on variable production factors|
|Wall thickness||Heavier walled pipe providing increased cover and longer design life||Thin walled pipe with lower cover resulting in shorter design life|
|Capacity||Production of large numbers of pipes possible per day||Only production of small numbers of pipes possible per day|
|Pipe tolerances||Excellent and consistent tolerance control due to automated process||Variable tolerances determined by operator skill|
|Liner locking system||Can use any liner locking system||Liner applications restricted to vulnerable arrow head compressive applications|
Now, the Concrete pipe manufacturers will be able to understand the changing scenario and eager to a quick decision to adopt this technology.
Pakona had been offering complete range of Concrete pipe Machine from Mario Croci & Figly, Italy in India. Currently, Pakona is operating successfully 5 Fully Automatic & SemiAutomatic Machines in India.