Figure 1: stabos is a software for the collection and analysis of machinery and production data (Courtesy: Progress Software Development)
A smooth and perfect workflow in the precast concrete plant is the prerequisite for a company’s success. This is ensured by a comprehensive information and analysis system that helps to reveal strengths and weaknesses in existing processes in order to support continuous improvements.
Progress Software Development has created exactly such a system with ‘stabos’ - a software system for the collection and analysis of machine and production data. The unique cloud access enables access to data from anywhere.
With the aid of four highly specialized modules, stabos provides thorough production analysis in the following areas:
- Production statistics: The production module enables a company to determine the productivity and to improve the quality by means of centrally collected data.
- Predictive maintenance: stabos simplifies maintenance planning such that maintenance can be planned efficiently thanks to an easy overview of several machines. The system independently produces proposals about when maintenance is to be done.
- Key performance indicators: The performance of a machine can be easily determined by means of the performance indicators, providing a quick overview on the efficiency of the plant.
The following key performance indicators (KPIs) can be defined, for example:
- daily operating times of the machine for individual hours of the day;
- monthly or weekly operating times of machines for individual days;
- comparison of operating times and failure times of machines;
- evaluation of downtimes, idle times, etc.
- Error analysis: Downtimes can easily be recorded with the aid of the extensive error archive for reacting to recurring errors in a timely manner.
Figure 2: Production statistics (big data): By means of the centrally gathered data, the production module enables companies to determine the productivity and to increase the quality (Courtesy: Progress Software Development)
stabos has gained a lot of satisfied users all over the world. These include medium-sized enterprises from Europe as well as large corporations in Asia. Many customers have been able to get a better overview and deeper awareness of the daily operations and production processes in the factory and to continue to increase the efficiency of the company as a whole.