BS Nagaraj, Product Segment Manager, Fosroc Chemical India Pvt. Ltd.
Podium Slab Waterproofing - Risk involvedAn effective and durable waterproofing system is absolutely critical to ensure the long-term durability of the structure and to keep maintenance costs obsolete by avoiding possible repair. In sensitive buildings areas like Podium slabs where you plan for water bodies, landscape, children play area sports facilities car parking and drive ways etc proper waterproofing system helps to keep out water and pollutants thereby preventing leakages and also protecting structural elements and embedded steel reinforcement from corrosion damage. A good water- proofing system has to ensure that it keeps performing at optimum level for a very long period of time, even beyond the warranty period to provide maximum value and comfort to the end-user.
Podium Slab Waterproofing - Requirements
- Large open areas-Excellent tensile and elongation properties to accommodate thermal movements
- Water bodies-Excellent barrier to water ingress and continuous exposure to water
- Landscaping-Resistant to root penetration even for intensive roots
- Sand Filling-Enable sand filling directly on the membrane without protection screed
- Chemical Resistance-Resista- nce to pesticides
- Medium duty traffic-Resistance to dynamic and Impact load
- Very high impact and puncture resistance-Able to sustain mechanical abuse during construction
- Zero VOC-Environmental friendly, meet the norms of green products for waterproofing
Fosroc Innovative Solution for Podium Slab WaterproofingFosroc Polyurea WPE system provides an effective solution for podium slab waterproofing. Fosroc Polyurea WPE is a spray-applied, 100% solids, flexible, two-component, rapid curing pure Polyurea system, designed as a waterproofing and protective coating. It combines the advantages of seamless and fully bonded system with very long life cycles and high durability.
Fosroc Polyurea WPE system:
|Fast curing (fully cured within hours)||Immediate return to service, waterproofing runs parallel with construction activity|
|Very high physical properties||Durability & longer life of the system|
|Chemical & Abrasion resistance||Ideal system for land scaping on podium/roof slab (protection screed is not mandatory)|
|Very high puncture & Tear resistance||Resistance to roots|
|High elongation & tensile strength||System can be taken across expansion joints seamlessly|
|Fully bonded to substrate||Prevent water tracking between the membrane & the substrate|
|Spray application||Enable faster application of larger area in less time|
|Zero VOC||Environmental friendly, Complies with LEED Norms for LEED certification|
|High thermal stability||withstand service temperature from -30ºC to 135ºC|