Ravindra Babu UB Marketing Manager, Fosroc Chemical India Pvt. Ltd.
Basement waterproofing-Risk involved
Basement waterproofing- Requirements
- Water tightness to avoid ingress of water from below ground under hydrostatic pressure
- High mechanical properties like puncture resistance to withstand abuses on membrane during construction activity
- Good elongation and Flexibility to accommodate movements
- Excellent bond to wet concrete surface
- Protection layer over water- proofing membrane should not be mandatory
- Even if membrane punctures water should not percolate through surface of membrane
- Positive side waterproofing to the raft and retaining wall even in the absence of working space
- Enable installation of water- proofing system effective under wet conditions of basement.