SLICK–PAK Improves the Workability of Concrete Pump
Besides these, it is environmentally safe and contains no bentonite, cementitious materials, soaps or air entraining agents. It eliminates problems associated with the use of bentonite or similar materials for pump priming. Additionally, it reduces wear on equipment when starting a job.
Currently, it is being used worldwide and become the standard for priming concrete pumps.
- The original patented pump primer
- No need for expensive ready-mixed priming grout
- Eliminates the need for carrying bagged cement
- Packaged in easy to handle 8 ounce bags
- Increases ease and range of pumpability
- Decreases wear on equipment
- Easily introduced into pumping equipment
- Decreases horsepower required for pumping
- Reduces friction and line pressure
- Packaged in water-soluble Fritz-Pak inner bags
Slick-Pak contains water thickeners and lubricating agents. As it goes through the pipes and hoses, it leaves a coat of water and lubricating agents and effectively wets all surfaces. As concrete comes behind the Slick-Pak, it does not lose water and the lubrication allows it to slip through the pipe.
It is compatible with all conventional concrete materials and can also be used as any standard concrete pumping aid. As a pumping aid, Slick-Pak should be added at a dosage of 1 to 3 bags per load of concrete. It may be added directly to the ready-mix concrete and should be mixed for 5 to 7 minutes to ensure that the material is uniformly dispersed. It will also have no deleterious effects on the structural integrity of the concrete.
It should be noted that Slick-Pak requires water to hydrate and when it is made with too little water, it will absorb water from the concrete in order to hydrate. Concrete with super plasticizers tends to have a low water content, so if the Slick-Pak absorbs any water from the plasticized concrete, it will have a tendency to plug. For priming concrete with super plasticizers, it is recommended to increase the amount of water used to prepare the priming solution.