CETEX Construction Chemicals and Fibers have been of tremendous help for better quality and durability of concrete construction. And apart from being cost-effective and environment-friendly, these products are also conforming to best international quality and standards.
CETEX offers specialized construction chemicals for higher compressive strength, set acceleration, water reduction – decreasing water cement ratio, more workability, waterproofing and set retardation. CETEX construction fibers help in increasing tensile strength and flexural strength, resistance to abrasion and control crack formation.
The salient features of some of its products are:
- CETEX Construction Fibres: Improves the impact and abrasion resistance of the concrete & prevents cracks formation and water seepage. It also prevents opening of micro cracks which are developed at the time of casting and create seepage problem after 1-3 years. Impact resistance and flexural & residual strength increases with higher dosage of fibre. Extra cost incurred is Rs. 0.40 - 4.50 per sq feet per inch of thickness depending on the dosage. Mostly when fibres are used as secondary reinforcement (min dosage @ 600 gram/ cubic meter) the cost works out is Rs. 0.40 per sqft of area per inch thickness of concrete/mortar. For certain flooring, one can do away with steel in the floor and the above mentioned cost is recovered. In certain cases, one can reduce the thickness of concrete and have overall saving. Fibres are also used in tunnel lining and other concrete structures to prevent spalling (explosion) of concrete during fire. Available lengths 3 to 55mm.
- LSH/LSD: Improves the abrasion resistance and surface gloss. It also reduces porosity, thereby water seepage and makes the surface dustproof. LSD is premium nano lithium based product which apart from all features of LSH also makes the surface water repellent. It can also be used over old concrete surfaces. Extra material cost incurred for the surface: Rs. 0.50 - 2.50 per sqft depending on surface condition. It does not form a film, but becomes integral part of the concrete. The Volatile Organic Content (VOC) is nil and conforms to green building code. It can also be used as curing agent, thereby saving the cost of curing.
- CETEX SPWP or SPWR: Lignosulphonate or naphthalene based admixture respectively. It increases the compressive strength of the concrete and makes it more compact. Extra cost for the screed is Rs. 0.10 to 0.15 (approx) per sq ft per inch of thickness. This can be used when the mixing is at site.
- CETEX LS: It seals the surface, this does not allow liquid penetration and prevents corrosions. The material cost works out Rs. 1.00/sqft. It is inert and UV stable. The VOC is nil and conforms to green building code.
- Other Products: New products like bonding agents, exposed concrete chemicals, curing compound (wax emulsion) and Micro-silica have been developed. De-shuttering oil (with nil-Voc) is under development for better quality and durability.