The increasing realization of the limitation of concrete floorings has resulted in the widening usage of floor coatings. Dusting due to the formation of laitance, difficulty in cleaning due to the surface texture, cracks and porosity, seepage of oils leading to unappealing patches, weakening of the reinforcement and concrete surface due to chemical spillages, possibilities of microbial growth are the significant drawbacks of concrete floors. Apart from these, concrete floors are aesthetically unappealing making the workplace dull.
Making the Right ChoiceWith a wide variety of floor coating systems on offer, it becomes important to ask the right questions at the right time. Ideally, the decision to coat the floor should be taken at the earliest that is at the construction stage. Parameters such as strength, surface finish of the concrete surface that is required for floor coating can be factored in. Some of the factors to be considered while taking a decision on the product could include:
- The aesthetics required
- The nature & type of floor
- The nature and type of traffic
- Whether sterile/hygiene room?
- Whether dust free or dust proof?
- Whether indoor or outdoor application?
- The nature & type of thermal exposure
- The nature and type of chemical, solvent and oil attacks
- Safety considerations during application
- Cleaning methods used
- The budget
The Apcoflor AdvantageThe Apcoflor coatings are hard wearing, abrasion resistant coatings available in a wide range of attractive colors. They have excellent mechanical properties and provide floors that are tough and long lasting. The Apcoflor range of products apart from protecting the concrete surface helps tide over these limitations without affecting the intrinsic strength of the concrete floor.
The benefits of Apcoflor are as follows:
- Dust prevention
- Ease of cleaning
- Aesthetic appeal
- Smooth & seamless floor
- Low retention of dust & dirt
- Resistance to water & detergents
- Enhanced resistance to oil seepages
- Enhanced resistance to chemical & solvent spills