Govt. launches Rs.188 cr road in Delhi

    Govt. launches Rs.188 cr road in Delhi
    The Union government has recently launched the construction of underpass and flyover to be built in Mahipalpur intersection on the NH-8 at an investment of Rs.188 crore to ease traffic congestion in and around the IGI airport. The construction work in the project is expected to be completed in 400 days and would improve traffic movement and provide "great relief" to the road users, said official sources. The Central Government had sanctioned 80% of the cost of the project amounting to Rs.150.40 crore from the Urban Development Fund in July 2016 and the remaining 20% amount was to be sanctioned by the Delhi Government but when it failed, the Central government sanctioned the entire cost of the project and assigned the work to the CPWD. Prior to this, the government had set up a High Powered Committee under the chairmanship of the Secretary (Urban Development) in October 2014, for suggesting measures for decongesting Delhi traffic. The Committee made various innovative recommendations like improving public transport and reducing use of private vehicles, improving walkability and using non-motorized transport, multi-model integrated transport system, inter-linked city transport in National Capital Region (NCR), transit oriented development and capacity building.
    CURRENTLY ONLINE
    We have 1186 guests and one member online

    NBM&CW

    New Building Material & Construction World

    New Building Material & Construction World
    MGS Architecture

    Modern Green Structures & Architecture

    Modern Green Structures & Architecture
    L&ST

    Lifting & Specialized Transport

    Lifting & Specialized Transport
    II&TW

    Indian Infrastructure & Tenders Week

    Indian Infrastructure & Tenders Week