Amit Bansal, Director Sales & Marketing-Building Construction Products Division, Caterpillar India discusses the company’s plans to move to electrification and alternate fuels.
How is India’s infra development progressing in view of the Government’s focus on the sector?
According to International Monetary Fund (IMF), India's economy is expected to grow 6.8% in the current fiscal year, making it one of the world's highest and fastest-growing large economies.
Investment in infrastructure has been a key driver of growth and employment. Under Prime Minister Gati Shakti - the National Master Plan for Multi-modal Connectivity, and National Infrastructure Pipeline, the Government of India is significantly increasing its investments in the construction of infrastructure, including roads, railways, ports, airports, affordable housing, and urban planning (smart cities), among other things.
Based on the Government's renewed thrust toward infrastructure-led growth and the growing population, the Indian construction equipment industry continues to remain upbeat about growth prospects in the mid to long term.
What added value do Caterpillar products bring to its customers?
We are focused on developing and providing comprehensive solutions that help make our customers more successful using technology, financing and aftermarket offerings designed to increase the value proposition of Cat equipment.
To help customers protect their investments, Cat Financial offers various financing and leasing options and extended protection packages. Cat Financial can support customers in making the best choice to support their business, no matter how big or small, whether it be for new or used Cat machines or repair/rebuild options to keep their current devices operational.
Customer Value Agreements’ (CVAs) can support hassle-free service to customers at any point in the machine lifecycle to help maximize machine performance and utilization. A CVA includes dealer technician support using genuine Cat parts for specific planned maintenance and fluid health management to help identify issues before they cause unexpected downtime.
What tech-rich features of Caterpillar machines are enhancing operations and productivity?
Caterpillar's technology solutions and the Cat dealer network's unmatched support and experience help customers maximize their fleet efficiency and profitability.
The following are the advanced technology solutions that we provide to our customers:
- Cat® Product Link™, along with GPS connect, which not only helps improve traceability and visibility but also enables the systems to observe, identify and understand different facets of heavy machinery operation without human intervention and improves the maintenance and operation of machines.
- Cat® Grade with Assist for excavators uses machine position sensors and operator-defined depth and slope parameters to automate boom and stick movements for more accurate cuts with less effort to help increase operator efficiency.
- Cat Motor Grader equipped with AccuGrade™ Grade Control System enhances grading accuracy and eliminates the need for survey stakes. The revolutionary Caterpillar solution is factory-integrated and sensor-independent. In addition, it features a suite of products, including cross slope, sonic, laser, Global Positioning System (GPS), and Automatic Total Station (ATS) technology.
- With more than 1.4 million connected assets capturing and reporting machine operating data, customers are now availing solutions like Cat Productivity and VisionLink® to help increase uptime and maximize profitability. In addition, VisionLink connects customers with a comprehensive overview of their entire fleet to optimize equipment performance and gives them confidence in their operation and access to actionable information.
- Cat Productivity, a cloud-based productivity management tool, helps deliver real customer benefits, such as fuel reduction, cost reduction, improved productivity, optimized efficiency, utilization, and payload reporting.
- Improved analytical and service capabilities such as telematics, inspections, SOS Services, eCommerce platforms like Parts.Cat.Com, and other dealers-specific mobile applications are making it easy for our customers to own, operate and maintain the equipment at a click of a button.
We are the industry leader in advanced technology and sustainable solutions. We aim to help customers reach their sustainability goals and lower emissions with various solutions, including machines running on electricity, alternate fuels and technology that increases fuel efficiency to help customers build a more sustainable world and realize our commitment and contribution to a reduced-carbon future. Our products are continuously improved using the most recent technologies. Such machines are made available globally, and we launch them locally when the industry matures and is ready to use such technologies.
What customer service does Caterpillar offer its customers?
At Caterpillar, we continually look for opportunities to broaden our product and service offerings to address our customers' needs and help them to succeed in their businesses.
Our long-standing Cat dealers, such as Gainwell Commosales India Pvt Ltd and Gmmco Ltd, have all the technical information, training, and access to the latest updates to provide reliable services to our customers and help us meet their expectations.
Cat Reman and Rebuild product offerings and the range of repair options help lower equipment-owning costs. Cat equipment is built to be rebuilt and reconditioned, and the Cat Certified machine Rebuild can return it to a like-new condition at a fraction of the cost of a new machine. Cat Reman salvages, re-engineers and remanufactures components to provide like-new performance and durability at an average price of 20-40% less than the equivalent new part. Cat Reman uses fewer resources, helps meet global customer demand for sustainability, and supports the nation's circular economy.