By staying at the forefront of technological advancements, Ammann aims to provide cutting-edge equipment that minimizes environmental impact.
Ammann India - Anand Sundaresan, Managing Director
Ammann is committed to all environmentally friendly initiatives. The Ammann Group has already created a road map for the ESG initiatives, not only in the product manufactured by us but also in all its manufacturing facilities to be environmentally friendly by 2028. In fact, Ammann’s commitment to green technology is often obvious: for example, a line of our asphalt-mixing plants includes “recycling” in their name, and we are also ready with a zero-emission technology.
Focus on zero-emission
Our promise to our customers and to the world at large is to explore every means possible to reduce the carbon footprint of our products. Our dedication to plants and processes puts sustainability at the forefront and at the core. These efforts include electric machines and plants, advanced recycling, and zero-waste technologies. While this progress is significant, we do feel a renewed urgency to accelerate our efforts in the interest of global planetary health. Zero emission will remain our focus.
Carbon-Neutral Burner: A special Ammann asphalt-mixing plant burner transforms wood dust into a renewable fuel. What makes this burner even more exceptional is its carbon neutrality. The CO2 released when burning wood is offset by the fact that the tree consumed that amount of carbon dioxide during its life. Therefore, this part of the emissions is carbon neutral.
Low-Emission Burners: Ammann has developed low-emission burners for its asphalt plants, which help reduce pollutant emissions. These burners are designed to provide efficient combustion while minimizing nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. By incorporating low-emission burners, Ammann contributes to cleaner air quality and environmental sustainability.
Alternative Fuels: Ammann has developed machines with electric powered and biofuel fired engines. Ammann asphalt-mixing plants can burn new, renewable energies and even convert waste into fuel. Biofuels such as rapeseed and sugarcane support climate protection and reduce dependency on mineral oil. Tall oil (also called liquid rosin or tallol) - a waste product of sulphate cellulose production, can be used too. Ammann biofuel burners can also use more traditional fuels such as natural gas, LPG, light and heavy oils, and kerosene.
Ammann has technology solutions such as the retrofit solution for advanced control system, emission control units, connected worksite, carbon neutral gas burner, biofuel burner, and biofuel engines etc. Our Connected Worksite platform enables construction companies to leverage connectivity, data analytics, and remote monitoring to improve productivity, optimize equipment performance, and reduce environmental impact. Such a platform fosters a more efficient and sustainable construction industry by promoting data-driven decision-making, and fostering collaboration among stakeholders.
Ammann has implemented various initiatives and strategies for promoting the adoption of connected worksite technology and retrofit options such as Education and Awareness, Demonstrations and Case Studies, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Pilot Projects and Partnerships, Integration with Existing Systems, Training and Support.
- Ammann is improving energy efficiency in its equipment by incorporating advanced technologies and design features. This includes optimizing combustion processes, utilizing energy-efficient burners, and implementing thermal insulation to minimize heat loss. These measures help reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions during equipment operation.
- Ammann has developed low-emission burners for its asphalt plants which are designed to provide efficient combustion while minimizing nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions and thereby contribute to cleaner air quality.
- The company designs and manufactures asphalt plants, compactors, and other machinery with noise reduction features. These include sound-insulated cabins, vibration dampening technologies, and noise-reducing components, ensuring quieter operation on construction sites.
- The company adheres to ISO 14001 environmental management system standards, which provide a framework for identifying, monitoring, and reducing the environmental impact of our operations. By maintaining these certifications, Ammann demonstrates its commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Ammann conducts Life Cycle Assessments to evaluate the environmental impact of its products throughout their lifecycle. This comprehensive assessment considers factors such as raw material extraction, manufacturing processes, transportation, equipment use, and end-of-life disposal. By identifying environmental hotspots, Ammann targets improvements to reduce emissions and enhance sustainability.
- Ammann invests in research and development to innovate and develop new technologies that further reduce emissions. The company actively explores advancements in alternative fuels, hybridization, electrification, and emission control systems.