The total urban housing need of India is expected to increase to 44-48 million units by 2022. The Hon'ble Prime Minister of India has envisioned housing for all by 2022, when the nation completes 75 years of Independence. To achieve this objective, the Central Government has launched a comprehensive mission “Housing for all by 2022.”
Precast technology is the best system of construction to meet such an ambitiuos goal. The conference will debate the different precast / prefabricated technologies and other sytsems of construction that are best suited to the Indian environment, are cost effective, and are the right solution for the country's preparedness to meet the expected demand.
The conference will present information on the following topics:
Various Pre-Engineered types of constructions in India for Residential, Office, Commercial and Educational Institutions. These include:
- Prefab Structural Steel (using rolled steel and fabricated sections)
- Light Gauge steel or cold formed sections for use in construction of 4 to 6 storied buildings
- Pre Engineered sandwich panels with shortcreting application on either side
- Pre-Engineered wall panels with puf, and rockwool insulations
- Glue laminated Timber structures
- Structure showcasing examples of constructed Precast concrete Buildings
- Pre fabricated Structural Steel, showcasing constructed buildings
- Cost aspects of setting up of Precast concrete Industry and its running costs
- Availability and training of skilled labour required for precast industry
- Specifications for Precast Concrete Industry
- Handling, Transportation and Erection of precast elements, costs etc.,
- Architectural precast concrete
Innovative Building elements for future construction
Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG), Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC), Glue laminated timber, etc.
As India is heralding fast track construction systems, PEPSCON 2017 will give deep insights and relevant information on the various systems of construction. Organiser PSI is inviting pre-cast manufactures and pre-cast construction companies from across India and abroad to attend the conference, where they will find opportunities to share knowledge, exchange insights, and enter into business tie-ups with local entrepreneurs and developers, and be a part of India's burgeoning construction activities.