The GDS Enterprise Level Dynamic Triaxial Testing System (ELDYN) is a triaxial system, based on an axially-stiff load frame with a beam mounted electro-mechanical actuator. The ELDYN has been designed to fulfil the demand within the geotechnical laboratory testing industry for a lower cost, more basic dynamic triaxial testing system, yet still performs to the very advanced standards that customers expect from GDS.
Advantages of ELDYN:
- Is powered by single phase (220Vac) from a standard outlet (EU spec)
- Is a stand-alone benchtop system
- Does not require a compressor for axial load / stress / displacement
- Electro-mechanical systems can carry out full load dynamic testing to the stated frequency. Pneumatic systems tend to reduce the available amplitude with load due to the amount of air that needs to be moved from one side of the actuator to the other.
- ELDYN can carry out “useful” testing up to the rated frequency with reasonable amplitudes (+/-4mm at up to 5kN at 5Hz or 10kN/Hz optionally)
- Has the convenience of a “traditional” styled Load frame
- Can carry out static and dynamic testing
- Protected from over-travel
- Ideal for small strain testing
- Ease of use from GDSLAB software