Design & Construction
High speed doors are typically designed to integrate with the traffic movements within your organization, whether pedestrian traffic, forklifts, vehicles or automated conveyors. For this reason, it is critical to plan the design and model selection of the high-speed door and ancillary activation systems to best match the traffic characteristics and avoid cost overruns.
A key requirement is that they open very fast and close slowly. Manufacturers may install other features to serve this purpose. For example, Movidor has an integrated traffic warning system that alerts the driver via flashing LED lights when a door is about to close. Some versions use a spiral guiding system, which keeps the door blade apart through a whole operating cycle.
Also, a counterbalance system sometimes forms part of the door’s construction. It is designed with spring or weight mechanisms in the side frames so that the opening is smoother and there is an emergency opening function.
High-speed roller doors are offered in many different versions, providing individual and customized solutions for nearly every application requirement. All high-speed roller doors are produced in a largely maintenance-free modular construction.
High Performance Doors are automatic doors used for fast access between internal and external areas of buildings. Prime High-Performance Doors by Gandhi Automations are designed and factory-made with German collaboration using state-of-the-art engineering technology for frequent use in high traffic areas with opening speeds up to 2.5 m/s. The high opening speed reduces time taken in movement of material, thus hastening the logistics process. Skilled engineers’ visit sites and recommend the most suitable rapid door to clients. Rapid doors are manufactured and installed keeping in mind international standards.
Strong wind resistance
The PVC fabric is reinforced with metallic bars put into the horizontal compartments of the doors, to counter the wind force, especially in case of doors of large dimensions. These reinforcements also give protection for workers and goods in case of breakage due to wrong or accidental maneuverings.
For a Controlled Environment
High speed doors have become integral part of every industry. This is because many manufacturing industries need a controlled environment to limit the amount of dirt and dust entering the premises. Industries such as medical instruments, electronics, computers, food, pharmaceutical and some military applications are a few examples of manufacturing facilities that have strict requirements for maintain a dust-free environment.
The speed of the vertical folding PVC fabric and the automatic opening/closing allow a continuous and quick use of the passage, avoiding expensive thermal exchanges between the inside and outside.
By ensuring doors are kept closed for the maximum time, with good perimeter sealing when closed, energy and temperature losses through doorways can be reduced, optimum operating rhythms can be achieved, and cross contamination risks can be minimized. However, in a facility with significant traffic movements, be it pedestrians, forklifts or trucks, maintaining closed doors without serious disruption to the operations can be the operation manager’s nightmare!
A wide range of Prime High-Speed Doors are available for various operations, including areas with special requirements for temperature control, hygiene, storage and handling of frozen foods. Atex rapid doors are used in explosion-proof areas, deep freezer automatic roll up doors are used in cold storages, warehousing, loading bays and on conveyor systems. Prime Reset features a special advanced self-repairing system.
High speed doors play an important role in meeting all the energy and hygiene control objectives of an organization - without compromising productivity or ease of access. These doors find application almost everywhere:
- Warehouse Load-in/Load-Out doors - for bird, dust, insect or temperature control
- Food production doorways - for hygiene, zoning, temperature control
- Cool Rooms & Freezers - for temperature control
- Logistics & Transport - for security, zoning, traffic control
- Grain, Milling industries - for dust control
- Car Washes - for spray control
- Pharmaceutical - for positive pressure regulation, hygiene control.
Quality & Performance Parameters
According to the Door and Access Systems Manufacturing Association (DASMA), high-performance high-speed doors must satisfy the following requirements:
- They are non-residential powered doors.
- They have rolling, folding, sliding, and swinging characteristics.
- They are either high cycle (at minimum 100 cycles per day), or high speed (at minimum 508mm per second)
- Made-to-order for exact size and custom features.
- Designed to withstand equipment impact (breakaway if accidentally hit by a vehicle). For example, Movidor high speed doors utilize a unique curtain relocation system that inserts the door curtain back into its guides in the event of accidental impact.
- Designed to sustain heavy usage with minimal maintenance. Doors fitted with counter-balance springs, pulleys and wire cables may require more ongoing maintenance than those without.