SSAB is a specialized steel company that manufacture its products in Scandinavia and the USA under the registered trademark brand Hardox®. The well-known Hardox® wear steel is available in India only through SSAB’s own sales channels in Chennai and Mumbai.
Characteristics of Hardox® wear plate
- Consistent hardness from the surface to the core of the material: Hardox® wear steel offers an exceptional service life in the most challenging wear conditions. Steel that is not hard to the core will wear out quickly, leading to alarming costs due to production being halted and emergency repairs and maintenance.
- Strength in accordance with the material’s specification: The high strength of Hardox® wear plate makes the steel resistant to denting and buckling when hit by rocks and other large and heavy objects. Since Hardox® wear plate is, in many cases, used as a structural material in tipper bodies, containers and buckets, the strength results in high structural integrity of the equipment.
- Toughness is a unique benefit of Hardox® wear plate: Hardox® wear steel combines high wear resistance with toughness. Steel with inferior toughness has a high risk of sudden and potentially dangerous failure if the steel fractures, since it is stressed beyond its breaking point.
- Guaranteed properties: Hardox® wear steel is an extremely consistent material due to its carefully controlled chemical composition and production process. The reason why it comes with product guarantees which include the steel’s flatness, thickness and bending properties. This ensures predictable workshop performance and end-products with a high and uniform quality.
- Certification: Every Hardox® plate, sheet tube and round bar is delivered along with an SSAB mill certificate. If a seller cannot provide an SSAB certificate, then it is a clear sign that the product is not genuine or legitimate.
SSAB is a Nordic and US-based steel company that offers value-added products and services developed in close cooperation with its customers to create a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
To know more about Hardox® wear plate, click here