Impressed by ATF 220G-5’s lifting capacity, boom length, compact axle design, safety and reliability, Gandhi Cranes buys two units as an addition to their fleet.
Bangalore-based Gandhi Cranes, a prominent name in the crane renting business, is catering to both public and private companies engaged in infrastructure projects such as Precast buildings, Railway Bridges, Metro rail, Steel plants, Refineries, Power plants, Windmills, etc. It is deputing its cranes to project sites on a daily / monthly basis and as a contract package (lumpsum rental) to its clients.
According to him, the compact 5-axle design of the ATF 220G is suited for projects that have space constraints. The other important unique selling proposition of this crane, he says, is its lift adjuster, a one-of-its-kind control system that enhances the safety at the construction sites.
Gandhi Cranes has purchased two brand new Tadano ATF 220G-5, which have deployed at Hindustan Unilever in Pondicherry. “The cranes are getting good feedback from the operators. Though it’s too early to predict the return on investment, we’re expecting good results,” says Mr. Gandhi.
Mr. Yamazaki informs that ATF 220G-5 has an optional feature of Hydraulic Telescopic Luffing Jib (HTLJ). The crane can be equipped optionally with upto 21-m long hydraulically telescopic and tilt-able jib, which permits uncomplicated lifting of loads beyond building edges and into upwardly restricted building structures, which would not be possible with rigid jibs. This means that the HTLJ made by Tadano works like an additional fully-hydraulic main boom. Another advantage is the HTLJ’s permissible assembly within (approx.) 30 minutes – even in very confined spaces - provided it is not extended.
Gandhi Cranes has plans to further enlarge its fleet as it is getting enquiries for higher capacity cranes from the South zone on the back of the government’s thrust on infrastructure development.
Key Features of ATF 220G-5
- Tadano Faun – over 200 years of combined experience and know-how
- High performance – boom/ fly jib lengths, lifting capacities, fast set-up and operating speeds
- Simple and uncomplicated operation – minimum electronics
- Compact dimensions, mobile and maneuverable
- Easy and safe access to all components for maintenance and repairs (less down-time)
- Large-sized, panoramic cab with simple controls and instrumentation
- Latest technology with Mercedes Benz engines, ZF transmissions, Kessler axles
- Hydro-pneumatic suspension with automatic levelling
- Standard automatic lubricating system
- 8.5-20.9 m hydraulic telescopic luffing jib as option
- Lift adjuster and Release Adjuster – (Lift Adjuster for swing-free lifting of loads (automatic derricking to maintain constant working radius)
- Tadano AML (Safety features like slow stop function without jerk, working area restriction including slewing area limitation)
- Central lubricating system as standard
- Standard European safety approvals