Comansa CM launched the new CML190 luffer in Bauma China.
The CML190 crane comes in two versions of maximum load capacity (12 and 18 tonnes), both with maximum reach of 60 metres and different jib configurations every five metres. This luffer, as well as the upcoming models of the CML Series, have been designed under Linden Comansa’s modular system. Therefore, every component of the crane is light and compact to allow easy transportation and fast erection. Furthermore, the hoisting and luffing cables come pre-installed from the factory for faster installation of the crane.
The main technical features of the new cranes are:
- Hoist mechanism placed in the front of the slewing part, which allows more drum capacity and a reduced counter-jib radius.
- Different hoist winch options to achieve maximum hoist speeds of up to 178 metres per minute and drum capacity for upto 1,280 metres of wire rope.
- All hoisting, slewing and luffing movements are frequency controlled for smooth and precise manoeuvres.
- The new CML cranes feature a control system, popularly known as “Level Luffing”, which allows electronic coordination between the luffing and hoisting mechanisms.
- A hydraulic push and retention system allows a smooth luffing movement of the jib.
- The speed of the luffing movement changes depending on the jib angle to ensure a fine approach of the load.
- Both hoist and luffing movements allow microspeed mode for an optimal positioning control.
- The luffing drive includes a double brake system to boost safety.
Along with exhibiting the new CML190, Comansa CM also informed customers and visitors about its recent novelties: the new 8 metre folding cross base, and the CM1600 Series of Flat-Top tower cranes. These new models are available since last September and have maximum load capacity of 10 or 12 tonnes.
Also, a few details of the upcoming LCL700 luffing-jib crane from Linden Comansa were revealed. This new crane, the biggest luffer from the Spain-based manufacturer, will come in two versions of maximum load capacity: 50 and 64 tonnes. It will be available worldwide from March 2017.
The bauma China trade show was again a success for Comansa CM. In addition to the agreements signed in Shanghai, including three units of the CML190.