|Mr. P.V. Ramdev, MD, Everest Engineering Equipment Pvt. Ltd.|
- To prevent water entry into motors, cover only the motor terminal boxes with plastic. Do not cover the fan or motor body, which may restrict cooling air flow and may burn the motor.
- Ensure all Electrical panels are closed property. If the panels are to be covered with plastics, do not cover the cooling fans. Because the VFD (variable frequency drives) have their own protective cooling system. This hot air must be flown out from the panel.
- Please check all the limit switch (hoist slew & trolley) covers are fixed properly. Check the cable glands are intact, if not then cover the cable entry points with plastic.
- Check the cable entry of over load & over moment limit switches and protect it from water.
- Check all gear box oil filling caps & breather caps to avoid water entry into gear box oil. If water mixs with oil then it will damage the seals as well as corrode the internal parts.
- Check the hoisting brake drum & liners have proper rain cover. Water entry to the braking system not only corrodes the parts but may slip the lifting loads.