Material is hoisted from the ground level away from the structure / building and as it reaches the floor where jib hoist is mounted, the load is taken to the floor by slewing the jib to the required extent and lowering the load on to the floor, as seen from the adjacent pictures. The jib crane is made in a few parts so as to enable a crew of four people to dismantle, carry it to the desired floor and re-erect it in a day. A few of the cranes can be mounted on several floors to operate individually.
The capacity of the Uma Engineering Works column-mounted jib crane is 500 kg on single fall of rope or 1000 kg on two falls. The drive is by crane duty motor through an inverter drive, gear box and rope drum. An integral mechanical brake is fitted. The inverter provides multispeed and soft start/ stop functions. The lift of the crane is up to 50 metres.
The advantages of this design are:
1) The jib crane is a safe hoist, portable and smooth operating device.
2) Integral mechanical brake provides fail safe braking.
3) Crane is erected on the structure using clamps, optimizing on the total weight.
4) The slewing arrangement allows load to be handled on to the floor from outside the building/ structure.
5) A unique rope reeling arrangement is provided to wind rope on to the drum.
6) It can be erected at any level and operated to handle materials to any level below the mounted floor.
7) With a little guide, the crane can be permanently installed as a service lift for goods in the building