The Pick-n-Carry crane technology evolved from Tractors in INDIA, where the crane attachment was fitted on tractor. These cranes were also popularly known as "HYDRA CRANES". These were having Sliding meshTractor transmission, Cabin in Rear, higher m/c height. The Luff cylinder on Boom in these craneswas positioned in a way that while lifting load, it comes closer to LUFF Cylinder and hence Jack Guard and 'TEE' Handle were provided.
ACE invented NEW GENERATION Pick-n-Carry cranes which have following features-
- These cranes uses industrial driveline from Trucks resulting improved gear shifting, more operator comfort and higher speeds
- Cabin is in front and at lower height. Operator sits just like sitting in car. He has excellent all round visibility. Moreover operator moves with Load providing safer operation.
- Overall machine height is much less as compared to present m/cs resulting LOWER CG and hence improved stability and very low chances of m/c toppling.
- Less nos of structural parts known as Front and Rear Frame which are joined by pins having SELF aligning bearings providing flexibility in structure.
- Rear Frame is connected to axle through Leaf springs which acts as a suspension and provides jerk free ride.
- Luff cylinders are positioned in a way that the cylinders move away from load when the boom is lifted and hence more safe operation and it can lift steel plates and long pipes.
- Wheel Steering is standard just like cars and hence operator friendly and easy movement of crane
- Covered tool box is provided additional to open space for keeping goods.
ACE has also made Rear View camera as standard feature of these cranes which helps in clearer operator visibility. There is a provision of mounting Proximity Sensors which warns operator of any foreign object coming in close proximity of crane.