Mobile equipment is much friendlier to the environment plus much more flexible to the producer which allows the processing machinery to be brought to the material and not vice-versa. This flexibility saves both time and money.
In recent years, environmental pressures and financial considerations have seen an increase in the recycling of construction materials. Recycling is becoming more and more important because of the shrinking of natural aggregate deposits and the limited space available to dispose of construction waste. Terex Finlay have responded to this crisis and are now at the forefront of the recycling business. Newly developed machines such as the Trommel and Hydragrid are increasingly being used because of their flexibility and ability to produce saleable products from what was once considered waste.
Unique Position for Terex FinlayMaximized production and reduced operating costs are some of the reasons why an increasing number of operators and contractors are choosing mobile crushing and screening equipment, one company is well placed to meet this demand. That company is Terex Finlay, the world leader in the manufacture and distribution of crushing, screening, washing and recycling equipment.
The Northern Ireland based company, originally founded by John Finlay is celebrating 50 years of success and it is easy to see why.
Primarily, a screening and washing manufacturer, the company entered the crushing market in 2005 with the production of the J-1175 Jaw Crusher.
The J-1175 is fitted with a 1070mm x 760mm (42" x 30") crusher chamber and a heavy-duty undercarriage. This crusher is highly regarded for its strength, durability and its exceptional on-site mobility.
A heavy duty vibrating grizzly feeder with automatic control to regulate the feed into the crusher, Hydrostatic drive and reverse action to assist in clearing blockages, are all major features of this unit. Its compact size, ease of transport, and quick set-up times makes the Terex Finlay J-1175 unit ideal for contract crushing and demolition/recycling applications.
Since then the company has gone from strength to strength and the most recent additions to its crushing range are the J-1160 and the C-1540RS.
The J-1160 is an outstanding unit and offers maximised productivity with an advanced control/monitoring system that facilitates automatic start/stop sequences.
Featuring a high performance 1000mm x 600mm (40" x 24") jaw chamber, the J-1160 is suited to recycling/demolition as well as quarry applications. The unit is powered by a CAT C9 (224kW/300HP) with hydrostatic transmission and with a useful reverse function to assist in clearing the chamber, should a blockage occur. The hydrostatic system also provides precise control of the chamber speed. Chamber CSS (Closed Side Setting) adjustment is fully hydraulic, and can be changed in a matter of minutes.
The C-1540RS features a cone crusher and screener on one compact chassis. The machine is equipped with a Terex 40" (1000mm) cone chamber and a 12’ x 5’ 2 deck sizing screen with recirculation facility. If required the sizing screen and fines conveyor can be removed quickly for convenience/mobility.
Nigel Irvine–Sales and Marketing Director for Terex Finlay explains that: “The development of the J-1160 and the C-1540RS now gives us the ability to provide a full line of crushing equipment.
There are many success stories of the above crushers in the Indian Market both in aggregate and mining sectors. Terex Finlay J 1175 and C 1540 Cone Crushers are working in one of the highly abrasive and hard rock material near a quarry at Hyderabad. These crushers have also proven their mettle in Iron Ore Crushing in Orissa.
Other models in the impressive Terex Finlay crushing range include:
The C-1540 cone crusher, which features a number of major benefits including hydrostatic drive, rapid set up time, high reduction ratio, high output capacity and advanced electronic control system. The C-1540 Cone crusher also features an optional integrated pre-screen. By only crushing the products that need to be crushed, the capacity of the machine is increased and wear costs reduced. The metal detector on the hopper with self-clearing facility is also another notable feature.
The I-1312 Impact Crusher has a hydrostatic drive, advanced electronic control system and hydraulically assisted apron setting. The Impactor is renowned for its high throughput and large reduction ratio, rapid set-up time, durability and on site mobility.
The I-1310 is aimed at the quarry and recycling sectors. Fitted with a 1000mm x 1000mm (40" x 40") Impactor chamber, the I-1310 is mounted on a heavy-duty undercarriage for ultimate strength and on-site mobility. Incorporating a hydrostatic drive system, this provides continuous monitoring and accurate control of the rotor speed. Positioned below the crusher chamber is the under crusher vibratory feeder which discharges onto the 900mm product conveyor belt. This feature makes this model ideal for recycling applications.
With plans underway to develop two new crushers, the J-1185 and the C-1560 Terex Finlay are in the unique position of being the only major manufacturer in the world to offer a complete and complementary range of Crushing, Screening, Recycling and Aggregate washing equipment.”
The Terex Finlay screening range comprises a range of 3-way and 4-way split screening units which combines the functions of scalping, screening and stockpiling into one integrated unit.
Models include the 663, 683, 693, 694 and 883. These units can work independently or after Terex Finlay crushers.
Screening equipment has always been at the core of Terex Finlay’s success and the company continues to invest in the screening range. The most recent introduction is the 984 Horizontal Screener, this unit features a 20’ x 6’ 3 deck horizontal screen. Benefits include high output, ease of maintenance and on-site mobility.
The 883 Track Mounted Primary Heavy Duty Screen comes with a apron feeder and various screening media options making it very popular for ROM screening in Mining Industry. This machine also has been found to be very effective in monsoon season when the moisture content is very high. The details of this highly efficient and technologically advanced machine has been featured ahead.
In addition to it’s crushing and screening range the company is renowned for its wide range of mobile rinsers that can be set up to work with either a hydrasander or a Finlay Sandmaster which is a mineral-classifying cyclone and dewatering unit. These systems have been designed for quick installation and ease of relocation, deal for shorter term projects and are recognised as the most efficient, cost-effective and energy conscious systems on the market.
Within a short span of time, Terex Finlay has become the market leader in Iron Ore Mobile Washing Plants in India. The extensive Washing range equipment are being used in Mines in Goa, Orissa and Karnataka region. Customers have found the simple washing process to produce a cleaner product which has a beneficial effect on the blast furnace/sinter plant performance in Steel Plants.
NBM &CW takes a deeper look at few of the products from the extensive Product Range that Terex Finlay has to offer to its customers in India–both in Mining as well as Aggregate Industry.
C 1540 Cone Crusher
- Terex 1000mm (40") cone chamber
- Hydraulic cone closed side setting adjust
- Cone overload protection and automatic reset
- Choice of concave and eccentric throw
- Total access for cone maintenance from above due to hydraulically folding feed conveyor
- Direct hydrostatic drive with advanced electronic control system
- Heavy duty feeder with metal detection system
- Controllable discharge system to purge metal contaminants from feed conveyor
- Optional 1.83m x 1.22m (6’ x 4’) pre-screen system
- 3.3m (10’10") product conveyor discharge height
- Radio remote control option, with auto start/stop facility
- Two auxiliary drives standard on basic machine
- Excellent performance and high throughput
- Maximized efficiency and reduced wear with optional pre-screen system
- Purge system provides faster clearing of feeder and less down time when metal contaminants are encountered
- Very high reduction ratio due to all roller bearing design
- Rapid set-up time
- Can be fed by excavator, loader, or crusher
- Direct hydrostatic drive - precise control of chamber without using ‘V’ belts
- Heavy duty chassis and track frames
- Extensive range of options available
ApplicationsUsed to crush in either secondary or tertiary applications for the reduction of run-of-mine ore, blasted rock, river gravel and demolition (no metal).
Primary Heavy Duty Screen 883
- Hardox Steel Pan Apron Feeder Mounted with Heavy Duty Chain Drive
- Hydraulic variable speed drive via high torque gearbox.
- Feed in width of 4853 mm
- 1000 mm wide x 3810 mm centres apron feeder
- Speed 0-25mpm
- Wide Mouth Opening and 7m3Hopper Capacity
- Two Deck Screen with Super Heavy Duty construction and large amplitude
- Access catwalks on both sidesof screen
- Screen box discharge end raises hydraulically 500mm to facilitate mesh changing
- Hydraulic Angle adjustment from 13 degrees to 19 degrees
- Suitable for Run of Mines ore Screening & Primary Screening
- Heavy Duty Pan Feeder to take maximum impact
- Easy maintenance
- Heavy duty chassis and track frames
- Extensive range of options available
- Steel skirted full length of Conveyors
- 3 nos. Onboard Hydraulic folding stockpilers
Wash Plant Range
Washing is the separation of silts and clays from sand and aggregate or silica / alumina from Iron Ore. Washed sand and aggregate are normally used in concrete. Clay & high levels of silt in finished concrete causes weakness/faults. Similarly high levels of alumina and silica in Iron Ore cause poor performance of the Blast Furnace / Sinter Plants.
A few of the products from the Washing Range Include:
- Mobile Wet Screens / Rinsers
Siltmaster SM 45
- No Settling ponds required
- Less Freshwater consumption
- Eliminates risk of environmental damage due to silt contamination
- Eliminates use for draglines
- Gives a more compact, manageable plant
- Produces a manageable silt product
- Lower investment and running costs than comparable systems