For the Bharatmala Pariyojana (a prestigious infrastructure project of the Government of India), the Vogele MT 3000-2 Power feeder along with the 13m Super 2100-3 paver and Hamm compactors were deployed by Gawar Construction on NH 148B (the project in Haryana).
After successful completion of the project, Rakesh Gawar, MD, Gawar Construction, commented, “Jerk-free continuous paving is the key to the excellent surface finish and riding quality, thanks to MT3000-2 power feeder. The difference can be experienced as very less vibrations can be felt while riding on the paved road. Roads paved using power feeder have performed well in the roughness test as well. We have experienced the difference between conventional paving and the paving using the Vogele Power feeder and we look forward to use it in future projects as well.”
ProjectPower feeder ensuring uninterrupted paving with 45-ton total storage capacity
- 4/6 laning of Paniyala Mor (NH-48Jn.) to Narnaul section of NH-148B
- Narnaul to Pacheri Kalan section of NH -11 in the state of Haryana on Hybrid Annuity Mode.
- Length of section: 45.3 km
- Width of Road: 13 m
- Pave width: 13 m
- Layer thickness: Wearing course: 4cm compacted
- Material: Wearing course: BC (Grade 1)
- MT 3000-2 Power feeder
- SUPER 2100-3 with SB 250-3 TV Fixed Screed
- Tandem Roller
Application of Power Feeder
Large roads such as motorways or trunk roads are the best application sites for mobile feeders. The Power Feeder from VÖGELE is tailored for paving “hot to hot” with two pavers. The offset technology is also ideal for filling the spaces between safety barriers on motorways or long-distance roads, quickly and economically. The mobile feeder also demonstrates its strengths when surfacing footpaths or cycle paths. With its pivoting conveyor, it can travel on the main road and conveniently transfer mix to a small or compact paver on the cycle path. The VÖGELE Power Feeder is also used in an InLine Pave train laying binder and surface courses “hot on hot” in a single pass. Its pivoting conveyor alternately supplies mix to the paver for binder course and the paver for surface course by way of a transfer module.
A non-stop, non-contacting transfer of mix achieved by the feeder is a decisive factor for superior paving quality. With a peak conveying performance of 1200 tons/hour, it can empty a full truck load in just 60 seconds. The on-board total storage capacity of 45 tons ensures uninterrupted paving, high quality matt finish, and faster job completion. The superior paving performance ensures cost saving to customers on account of fixed expenses and more revenues per day.
Highlights of VÖGELE MT 3000-2 Offset Power Feeder,
- Uninterrupted paving due to a total storage capacity of 45t with a maximum conveying capacity of 1,200t/h.
- Non-contacting material transfer makes for maximum pavement quality.
- Homogenized material in the receiving hopper of the material feeder due to conical augers.
- Wide range of applications due to the pivoting and inclining conveyor.
- Reliable material transfer based on automatic distance control and anti-collision protection.
- Optimum overview and safety due to the convenient and practical ErgoPlus operating concept.
- Powerful Deutz Engine with 142 kW at 2000 rpm with ECO mode 139 kW at 1800 rpm.
- 55 degrees conveyor pivoting angle with infrared heating panel.
- Backlit operating console.
To increase the user-friendly nature and efficiency of the machines still further, JOSEPH VÖGELE AG has now comprehensively overhauled its former Dash-2 generation: the new MT 3000-3i Standard PowerFeeder and the MT 3000-3i Offset PowerFeeder with pivoting conveyor are equipped with the efficient and ergonomic Dash-3 machine concept. This includes, among other things, the ErgoPlus 3 intuitive operating concept, AutoSet Plus automatic functions, and the PaveDock Assistant truck communication system.
VÖGELE has also optimized the material handling concept: the new design of receiving hopper, the improved conveyor belt control, and the effective belt heating system allow material to be unloaded and conveyed rapidly without loss – whilst simultaneously reducing wear. Maintenance and transport have likewise been simplified: users can now reach setting and cleaning points even more conveniently. The angle of inclination and the receiving hopper have been optimized for transport on a low-loader.