State-of-the-art Technology & Absolute Power for Large Jobsites
India has the second-largest road network in the world, spanning a total of 6.39 million kms as per Economic Survey 2021. This road network transports 64.5% of all goods in the country and 90% of India’s total passenger traffic uses road network to commute.
The National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) of which Bharatmala Pariyojna is a part, have also accelerated the construction of several greenfield projects, including expressways and mega highways. With such humongous ongoing and targeted construction of road infra in the country, use of innovative technologies becomes more pertinent for cost optimisation and quality results.
VÖGELE Mobile Power feeder offers cutting-edge technology that sets standards in modern road construction - both in terms of quality and economic efficiency. This mobile feeder not only continues to gain popularity for use in large highway projects but has also exponentially contributed to deliver excellent paving results. Since 2006, the VÖGELE Mobile Power feeders are being used in various National Highway Projects in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Job Site: Delhi – Mumbai Expressway
The 1350 km Delhi – Mumbai Expressway (DME) project (NH-148N / NE-4) is an under construction 8-lane access-controlled road with a route connecting DND in Delhi with JNPT in Mumbai. It has been designed with a speed limit of 120 km/hr and provision to expand to 12 lanes in the future.
This mega greenfield expressway was approved for construction under the Bharatmala Pariyojana programme in 2017. Before the Mobile Feeder was physically moved to the job site, the following prerequisites were checked and ensured:
- Total quantity of asphalt to be paved
- Current Paving methodology for 8 Lane carriageways of 18.75 mtr width
- Batch (Hot Mix) Plant Capacity
- Availability of paving front or length
- Per day paving target (quantity & length)
- Average lead of paving site from plant location
- Availability and type of trucks used in Asphalt Mix Transport
|Project Name:||Package 5 & 6 of Delhi – Mumbai Expressway|
|Pavement:||Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA) Width:- 18.75m
Layer Thickness:- 50mm compacted
|Power feeder||1 Vogele MT3000-2|
|Paver||2 Vogele Super 1800-3 with AB600-3TV Screed|
|Tandem rollers||4 Hamm HD99 tandem rollers|
|PTR||2 Hamm GRW 15|
- Continuous and more homogenous supply of mix
- Uninterrupted paving & avoid feeding of segregated material to the paver hopper
- Jerk- free paving operation because of contact-less paving
- Eliminated chances of having cold & hot spots in the paving mat, thus eliminating compaction variance
- Increase in onboard material capacity
- Higher productivity
- Reduction in number of paving stops
There is no direct contact between tippers/lorries and the pavers, which eliminates the jerk transfer from tippers to the pavers and diminishes chances of bump formation on the mat. Non-contact and continuous paving make the pavement completely undulation free. Homogeneous material being supplied by the conical augers ensures uniform temperature mix supplied to the paver, which eliminates chances of thermal segregation throughout the mat. Two infrared heaters present on the conveyor ensures no materials sticks to the conveyor belt, which improves life of the conveyor.
Power feeders are perfectly suited for hot-to-hot paving in which two pavers works side by side, paving large widths in single pass with elimination of longitudinal joint. Paving multiple lanes side-by-side (with adjacent pavers slightly offset) can remove the longitudinal joint between pavers because both mats are hot when initially compacted. Rollers behind the echelon pavers can pass directly over the longitudinal joint while both sides are hot, which results in better compaction. As per user feedback, “undulation in paved layer by power feeder has been reduced significantly. Surface quality improvement is the utmost advantage of the Power Feeder.”
Unique Features of VÖGELE MT 3000-2 Offset Power Feeder
- Uninterrupted paving due to a total storage capacity of 45t with a maximum conveying capacity of 1,200 tph.
- Non-contacting material transfer makes for enhanced pavement quality.
- Homogenized mix in the receiving hopper of material feeder due to conical augers.
- Wide range of applications due to the pivoting and inclining conveyor.
- Reliable material transfer based on automatic distance control and anti-collision protection.
- Powered with Deutz Engine with 142 kW at 2000 rpm supplemented with ECO mode 139 kW at 1800 rpm.
- Conveyor pivoting angle range of ±55 degrees with two infrared heating panels.
- Optimum visibility and safety due to the convenient and practical ErgoPlus operating concept.
- ErgoPlus operating console for better ergonomics, safety, and visibility.
New generation of material feeders from VÖGELE
They guarantee constant, smooth transfer of material and now offer paving teams numerous practical new features: the MT 3000-3 Standard and MT 3000-3 Offset Power Feeders from world market leader VÖGELE integrate the latest Dash-3 machine concept and an optimized conveying and maintenance system.
ErgoPlus 3, Autosetplus and PaveDock Assistant are some of the key features which enhance the ergonomics and ease of operation of the VÖGELE power feeder.