With the right tool for the right job, Caterpillar develops customized solutions for the growing needs of India’s infrastructure industry. The exhibit featured a wide range of products, including hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, skid steer loaders, attachments and generator sets from Cat®, SEM, Hindustan, and FG Wilson brands.
“We want all our customers, big and small, to be more successful using our products. Caterpillar achieves this by combining services and technology, such as data analytics and automation, to offer solutions beyond its machines,” said Mukul Dixit, India director of sales and marketing in Caterpillar’s Global Construction and Infrastructure Division. “We offer a variety of products for different applications to meet the demand for higher productivity, tighter project completion schedules, competitive cost of operations, safety, and more.”
Caterpillar is leveraging technology and innovation to improve productivity and sustainability of its products, services, and solutions for customers, including:
- Cat Product Link™, along with GPS connect, help improve traceability and visibility while also enabling the systems to observe, identify and understand different facets of heavy machinery operation without human intervention.
- Cat Grade with Assist for excavators uses machine position sensors and operator-defined depth and slope parameters to automate boom and stick movements for more accurate cuts with less effort to help increase operator efficiency.
- Cat Motor Grader equipped with AccuGrade™ Grade Control System enhances grading accuracy and virtually eliminates the need for survey stakes. The revolutionary Caterpillar solution is factory integrated, sensor-independent, and features a suite of products which includes cross slope, sonic, laser, Global Positioning System (GPS) and Automatic Total Station (ATS) technology.
- With more than 1.4 million connected assets capturing and reporting machine operating data, customers are now availing solutions like Cat Productivity and VisionLink® to help increase uptime and maximize profitability.
- VisionLink connects customers with a comprehensive overview of their entire fleet to optimize equipment performance and gives customers the confidence in their operation and access to actionable information.
- Cat Productivity, a cloud-based productivity management tool, helps deliver real benefits for customers such as fuel reduction, cost reduction, improved productivity, optimized efficiency, improved utilization, and payload reporting.
- The improved analytical and service capabilities such as telematics, inspections, SOS Services, as well as eCommerce platforms like Parts.Cat.com, and other dealer specific mobile applications are making it easy for customers to own, operate and maintain their equipment at the click of a button.
- CVAs can provide customers a hassle-free ownership of new and used equipment and help reduce operating costs.
- From Cat Financial, customers can avail various financing, and leasing options as well as extended protection packages to support their business.