With its range of compactors, graders, backhoe loaders and dozers, and now the newly launched CX220C Crawler Excavator, CASE India continues to grow its product portfolio, manufacturing capabilities, and customer touchpoints, and hold a strong position in India’s construction industry.
“Our manufacturing plant in Pithampur (Madhya Pradesh),is a shining example of our Make in India philosophy. In fact, we plan to make it a manufacturing hub for other world markets as well,” says Varma. “The CX220C Crawler Excavator, for instance, has its welding joints made for long-lasting strength, and our ultra-modern paint shop has given it a superior finish using new-gen, eco-friendly technologies. It has been customized to meet our region’s specific requirements and comes with CASE’s promise of efficient performance for application in stone quarrying, road construction, and even general construction and irrigation.” He informs that the indigenously manufactured CX220C will also be introduced across Asian and African markets.
“In India’s CE industry, the crawler excavator market is the largest in terms of value and the second largest in terms of volume. More than 60% is comprised of the 20-ton class. The CX220C, however, is a premium product in the 22-ton electronic engine segment,” informs Varma. “When we showcased it for the first time at Excon 2019, it generated a lot of interest. In fact, we tested no less than 10 prototypes of this machine across various applications such as gravel loading, blue metal quarry, riverbed excavation, marble mining, granite mining etc. These machines have clocked over 16,000 hours of work in the field without any problem. The design and engineering of CX220C is an outcome of the feedback gleaned from the performance of these 10 machines.”
Prior to the market launch, CASE India conducted roadshows across the country to offer customers a first-hand experience of the excavator’s superior quality, high precision, and advanced features. The company is also offering a rental service for customers who want to try the machine for a short period of time before buying it.
“The secret of developing a good excavator is balancing - speed, power and force. With the technical support from Sumitomo of Japan, we were able to have a very efficient hydraulic system that can move the CX220C at a high speed and smoothly without bouncing such that the operator is able to maximize productivity,” adds Varma.
Mathur informs that CASE India has a network of 75 dealers and over 200 touch points. A centrally located warehouse stocks spare parts for quick delivery to any part of the country. “Because of our strong back-end support, our customers have to face minimal downtime of their machines and are thus able to increase their productivity. For the 22-ton excavator segment, we are providing a two-year warranty, besides which, we have customizable, extended warranty offers, spares and service packages, including filters, maintenance parts and oils. We have a dedicated sales force and service engineers in key markets for the crawler excavator; this ensures complete attention to the customers’ queries, timely onsite support, and speedy resolution of any issues. What’s more, CASE India offers buyers a comprehensive machine and service package funding through its financial arm - CNH Capital – with low interest rates and flexible payment plans.”
CASE India’s manufacturing facility, which is certified by WCM (world-class manufacturing program), carries forward the 175-year legacy and technological know-how of CASE Construction Global. In line with globally set quality standards, the plant produces machines using world-class technology and has highly skilled technicians. The machines manufactured here are exported to more than 30 countries. Says Varma, “As one of the biggest construction equipment markets and one of the fastest growing economies in the world, India is a key part of our growth strategy. In fact, CNH Industrial India and CASE have a 30-year-old association with the Indian market. We are continuously growing our product portfolio, manufacturing capabilities, and customer touchpoints, and are confident that the CX220C Excavator will prove to be a game changer for India.”
Features of CX220C
- Built specifically for Indian terrains, it has an operating weight of 22 tons, and delivers maximum productivity with lower fuel costs and faster cycle times.
- It is equipped with a new 6-cylinder fuel-efficient electronically controlled engine, developed by sister brand FPT Industrial. It delivers gross power of 117 KW (157 hp) and peak torque of 622 Nm at 1800rpm. It has five energy saving controls and ECO gauge function for continuous fuel consumption monitoring to help reduce fuel costs.
- 33% stronger heavy-duty arm, boom and undercarriage improve its durability. This, together with longer service intervals, lead to lower Total Cost of Ownership. Its design facilitates easy maintenance from ground level.
- The proven CASE Intelligent Hydraulic System (CIHS) provides outstanding control with unmatched power and fuel savings across all cycle phases. Two variable displacement axial piston pumps with a regulating system are combined with the CASE main valve, designed in Japan for precise and efficient operations. The hydraulic system is governed by a Machine Control Unit which uses input from pressure sensors located on the pumps, main valve, and pilot lines, and t is in constant dialogue with the Engine Control Unit to optimize machine output at all times and in all conditions.
- It has three power modes: Auto, Heavy and Super. Operators can also store up to 10 auxiliary hydraulic flow and pressure settings to switch between different attachments without any mechanical adjustment. This customized operation renders the machine highly versatile while maintaining power output.
- Equipped with CASE India’s renowned Telematics system for real time updates.
- The HVAC cabin has ample legroom for a comfortable working environment. An ergonomically designed mechanical seat has eight separate adjustments to enhance operator comfort and productivity. A new vibration dampening system protects against fatigue. There is 25% more airflow due to an Auto Climate Control while eight vents give more cooling efficiency during summers. An openable roof panel enables better visibility, while an integrated 7-inch LCD Color Monitor has been set up for real time parameter monitoring.