6.44m diameter EPB TBM for Bangkok Metro Blue Line Extension, Thailand
Incorporated in 1990, TERRATEC is the world-renowned Australian designer and manufacturer of cutting edge Tunnel Boring Machines, Raise Boring Machines and other custom-made products for tunnelling and mining applications for all ground conditions.
Presence in India
TERRATEC has a robust worldwide presence including India. Having its subsidiary in New Delhi since 2008, it has recently supplied equipment and services for major underground infrastructure projects in India such as:
- Metro Projects: Tunnel Boring Solutions for Delhi and Bangalore Metro.
- Sewer Projects: Microtunnelling Solutions for Delhi Jal Board Sewer Jobs in Yamuna River.
TERRATEC Equipment and Services
TERRATEC products are well-known in the industry as robust, durable and safe; basic principles which must prevail in the conception of any equipment made to work in the extreme conditions encountered underground.
Microtunnellig Machine (MTBM)
As a provider of Total Tunnelling Solutions, TERRATEC's scope of work extends to include operation and maintenance of boring equipment during the execution of work as well as the supply of ancillary equipment.
Hard Rock TBMs
TDR Series Raise Boring Machine to construct shafts up to 2.4m in diameter
- Open TBM: The most traditional among the Hard Rock TBMs period. It's the fastest and most effective in competent ground.
- Double Shield TBMs: A good compromise for those rock formations containing unstable or faulty zones.
- Single Shied TBMs: The solution when rock strength is weak and tunnel walls cannot react against the action of the Gripper Pads.
- Earth Pressure Balance Machine (EPB): These machines evacuate the material through a screw conveyor with full control of the pressure in the excavation front.
- Slurry Shield: Suitable for excavating soils with high water content and high water/earth pressure presence.
Small Boring Machines which do not require the presence of any operator inside the tunnel and is ideal for sewer or power supply jobs in the more congested parts of the cities.
Raise Boring Machines (RBMs)
Standard Raise-Boring Machines (TR Series) which are used in mining and civil construction to excavate large diameter single pass (1-6 meters) vertical or inclined shafts in hard rock. The Down-Reaming Machines and Universal Borers round off the product range. The purpose of the shaft can be for ventilation, ore passes or access ways in the mines and for construction of the Race Shafts and Surge Shafts in Hydro Projects.