6.44m diameter EPB TBM for Bangkok Metro Blue Line Extension, Thailand
With a major boom in infrastructure development including transport infrastructure to help with traffic decongestion, the urban development authority is focusing more on the expansion of underground infrastructure. Specifically, the focus has been placed on the construction of a metro rail system to meet the large demand for efficient means of transport. In order to expedite the construction work and with minimal inconvenience to the public, large numbers of TBMs are being deployed to carry out the underground construction work, which had contributed to the growth of the TBM market.
Incorporated in 1990, TERRATEC is the world-renowned Australian designer and manufacturer of cutting edge Tunnel Boring Machines, Raise Boring Machines and other custom-made products for tunnelling and mining applications for all ground conditions.
Presence in IndiaTERRATEC has a robust worldwide presence including India. Having its subsidiary in New Delhi since 2008, it has recently supplied equipment and services for major underground infrastructure projects in India such as:
- Metro Projects: Tunnel Boring Solutions for Delhi and Bangalore Metro.
- Sewer Projects: Microtunnelling Solutions for Delhi Jal Board Sewer Jobs in Yamuna River.
TERRATEC Equipment and ServicesTERRATEC products are well-known in the industry as robust, durable and safe; basic principles which must prevail in the conception of any equipment made to work in the extreme conditions encountered underground.
Microtunnellig Machine (MTBM)
As a provider of Total Tunnelling Solutions, TERRATEC's scope of work extends to include operation and maintenance of boring equipment during the execution of work as well as the supply of ancillary equipment.
Hard Rock TBMs
- Open TBM: The most traditional among the Hard Rock TBMs period. It's the fastest and most effective in competent ground.
- Double Shield TBMs: A good compromise for those rock formations containing unstable or faulty zones.
- Single Shied TBMs: The solution when rock strength is weak and tunnel walls cannot react against the action of the Gripper Pads.
Soft GROUND TBMs
TDR Series Raise Boring Machine to construct shafts up to 2.4m in diameter
- Earth Pressure Balance Machine (EPB): These machines evacuate the material through a screw conveyor with full control of the pressure in the excavation front.
- Slurry Shield: Suitable for excavating soils with high water content and high water/earth pressure presence.