Ramesh Palagiri, MD & CEO, Wirtgen India
The total waste generated by any country is calculated on the basis of per capita waste generation. As per the latest estimate by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, we generate more than one lakh of waste per day in India (0.3 kg per capita per day for small cities and 0.5 kg per capita per day for large cites). As per the latest Swachh Bharat Mission dashboard for Urban, more than 1.32 lakh of waste is generated under the Solid Waste Management calculation. These numbers are staggering and hence there is a lot of scope for waste management in India.
5 KLEEMANN mobile screens deployed at Pirana dumpsite in Ahmedabad processed 1.35 million MTs in just 9 months.The Pirana landfill site in Ahmedabad is one of biggest dumpsites in India spread over 84 hectares (207.569 acres) of land and reaching a height of over 200 meters. It has been the city’s sole repository of garbage since the 1980s. Legacy waste accumulated at this site is around 1.24 crores MTs. It had 40 trommels installed with a total combined output of 4000-4500 MTs per day.
Last year from November, 5 KLEEMANN machines were deployed at this landfill site. Kleemann mobile screens increased the processing capacity from the existing 4000 MTs per day to 10000 MTs per day, and since then, these 5 KLEEMANN screens have helped process 1.35 million MTs in just 9 months while running in single shifts.
Bio Mining is a sustainable solution for waste management as was proven by using Kleemann Mobile Screens.
By August 2021, the company was able to clear 7,20,000 MTs of waste with the help of these four screens at an average of 1000 TPD per screen. In his own words: “These machines have passed the test of time and conditions with flying colours and are worth every money invested, as they helped us achieve our target well within the stipulated time. We are also very pleased with the exemplary service provided by the customer support team of Wirtgen.”
Kleemann Mobile Screen MS 952 EVOKleemann MOBISCREEN MS 952 is a double deck classifying screen equipped with 9.5 sq.m. screen casing. It has the best in class feeding capacity of up to 500 tph. It is assembled in our Pune manufacturing facility and is also exported across the globe. It comes with the following features:
- Large screening area of 9.5 sqm helps in good quality segregation and high productivity.
- Dual Power option to operate with electricity, if available.
- Short planning and installation time.
- Four different screen inclination angles for operations between 20 to 35 degrees available for selection provides flexibility.
- Low maintenance and service-friendly operation.
- Flexibility to change the amplitude as per the application demands.
- Control System is intuitive, simple, and operator friendly.
- Quick accessibility to both top deck and bottom deck along with punch plates on top helps in easy cleaning.
- Quick and easy folding of conveyor enables quick transport and setup time.
- Wider conveyor higher discharge height helps in making bigger stockpile and eliminates frequent loader usages.